Fallout 3

Bah... it seems my machine is too anemic to run this well.

Here's my specs:

Athlon 64 X2 3800+
ASUS A8N-SLI
3gb pc3200
and a pair of NVIDIA Geforce 7600 GT 256MB PCI Express x16 in an SLI config

So it's an older machine with only an 800mhz front side bus. Do y'all think it's worth replacing the video cards?

Here's my specs:

Athlon 64 X2 3800+
ASUS A8N-SLI
3gb pc3200

So it's an older machine with only an 800mhz front side bus. Do y'all think it's worth replacing the video cards?

Have you tried it? Im running the same rig with a single 7800GTX and it runs well enough...

Here's my specs:

Athlon 64 X2 3800+
ASUS A8N-SLI
3gb pc3200

You should be fine. From what I have read, Fallout doesn't like Vista 64.

Since there are no grass or trees the game runs a lot smoother.

Last edited:
Huh... then something must be tuned very badly... even at 1024x768 and low detail I get choppy framerates. I wonder if its time to repave this fucker.

edit: I wonder if avg is messing things up.

I thought I'd want to replace my video card but I have to say the game is running fine on my rig for the most part.

Had to disable DirectX acceleration on the sound card so I don't get this weird high pitched clipping sound, but otherwise it' smooth at medium settings.

Q6600 @ 2.4 Ghz
7900GTX
3.2 Gigs RAM
Windows XP SP2 32-bit

Guess, I'll not bother with a GTX 260, unless I get a bunch of Hannukah money. :D

I thought I'd want to replace my video card but I have to say the game is running fine on my rig for the most part.

Had to disable DirectX acceleration on the sound card so I don't get this weird high pitched clipping sound, but otherwise it' smooth at medium settings.

Q6600 @ 2.4 Ghz
7900GTX
3.2 Gigs RAM
Windows XP SP2 32-bit

Guess, I'll not bother with a GTX 260, unless I get a bunch of Hannukah money. :D
3.2? Is that really 4gb of RAM?

Started playing on my 360 last night. I just wanted to stop by to say I'm going to be gone for awhile playing this.

okay, ttyl

latest drivers and such?

And yeah, who doesn't disable anti-virus wen playing a game?

Actually, my drivers are one or two versions back. I tried the latest, but they fucked up Half Life 2. There were weird, outlines everywhere.

Anyway, changing the driver settings from quality to performance seems to have made a huge difference. I gotta say I kinda like specific aiming system they use-- whatever the fuck the acronym is.

Yeah, but the BIOS only recognizes it as 3.2, and so does windows.

That's weird. Every 4gb setup on XP32 has shows 3.5, not 3.2. I bet a bios update can get you up to 3.5 recognized.

Last edited:
These metro stations are so fake! There are no public restrooms in the metro stations in DC. Also, Dan and I just spent some time comparing the map in the game to reality. There are some problems, but I suppose it's okay. It's craziness at the Brewer residence this morning I tell ya!

Can I has mah bf back now?

picture.php