fly

omg
Oct 1, 2004
Marklar
₥84,363
Steam
mattressfish
Is it awesome?

I just found the PC version for download, so Im downloading it now. I can't fucking wait. btw theac, I will almost certainly buy this game, after I test drive it.

I guess... I never played any of the Fallout series, and first person is only an option (one which I never used in Oblivion). But maybe because it is FPS-ish that's why I liked it, dunno.

More particularly, it fundamentally changes the game mechanics by having the player's skill determine the outcome of actions traditionally determined by the character skill.

For example, in a traditional RPG, be it computerized or pen and paper, your to-hit probability would be determined by a combination of player stats and environmental modifiers to generate an x out of x chance to hit. The player's ability move the mouse quickly and precisely is not a factor.

Or, to put it another way:

Dan is old and curmudgeonly when it comes to his RPGs.

More particularly, it fundamentally changes the game mechanics by having the player's skill determine the outcome of actions traditionally determined by the character skill.

For example, in a traditional RPG, be it computerized or pen and paper, your to-hit probability would be determined by a combination of player stats and environmental modifiers to generate an x out of x chance to hit. The player's ability move the mouse quickly and precisely is not a factor.

Or, to put it another way:

Dan is old and curmudgeonly when it comes to his RPGs.

I don't mind the point of view change so much as the lack of real RTP combat such as Fallout Tactics.

Last edited:
I cant wait to play this but its looks like I will be playing Dead Space for awhile before I get into Fallout 3. As long as you dont have to kill rats for hours, lol

So I think I'm going to nuke the city. I feel bad doing it and Im sure Im gonna lose a shitload of karma - but its gonna be cool as hell.

Got it yesterday and played for a few hours.
You can totally tell they built the game on the oblivion engine, not that thats a bad thing:fly:
I dig the VATS system for combat. I havent gotten very far, out of the vault, wandered the first small town area, and just entered megaton.
The skills system is kinda strange to me, so I havent decided if I like it or not.
I bought the big fat game guide too, but I havent even opened it.
Later if anyone gets stuck, post here and Ill look it up for you.

I guess... I never played any of the Fallout series, and first person is only an option (one which I never used in Oblivion). But maybe because it is FPS-ish that's why I liked it, dunno.

>.O *stabs* Isometric 4eva

Everyone is transitioning to WoW style reflex combat systems though. Sigh.

Last edited: