Every man dies

You obviously didn't read the entitre story.

Just Last year, at the age of 21, they traveled from 1 pole to the other, using only bike, saily, sled, or foot.

Thats a bit of an accomplishment.

Not to mention summiting everest at 19 'Just because'

climbing a mountain isn't anything special.

You have no idea what goes into climbing a mountain like Everest or K2 then.

Zac wants to do this, but I can't grasp why it is necessary to use this as a way to prove to yourself you can do something. It is unrealistically dangerous... then on top of that - people want to summit without oxygen? WTF is wrong with you?

I would think you were a tard if your resume said, "Summited Everest without oxygen."

he never truly lived...he had his whole life in front of him; he was just a kid

After going from pole to pole, by foot or boat, what else can you do in life to top it?

I'd say for the short life he had, he packed some amazing experiences into it.

nope, not in the slightest...the kid got to do a bunch of "cool, extreme shit" but he never actually got to grow up and see life

Uh, okay. Yeah, you enjoy being the animal in the zoo, slugging through your 9-5 everyday in that windowless office. I'll choose to actually go out and see the world and live.

Uh, okay. Yeah, you enjoy being the animal in the zoo, slugging through your 9-5 everyday in that windowless office. I'll choose to actually go out and see the world and live.

so what's stopping you? I don't see you doing anything like this kid?
personally I don't care or need to do all that stupid shit to prove I'm alive or a man or whatever...to each their own

I'm with Fly on this. Life isn't about longevity, but how you spend it. Only one shot and doing what everyone else does is not living.

nope, not in the slightest...the kid got to do a bunch of "cool, extreme shit" but he never actually got to grow up and see life

He was 21. That isn't young. Especially when he started "living" at 15 or younger.

Quite honestly, he has lived a full life. I am pretty sure with his looks and stories, he has felt the warmth of a woman's touch. He was of drinking age in Britain, so he has tasted sweet nectar. He has experienced sites and sounds and tastes and smells most people would just dream of. He has been formally recognized by heads of state for his achievements.

What more do you ask for in life? To be honest my life is dull now compared to when I was 21.

Have the 95% of the experiences life has to offer by the time you are 21, or <20% by the time you are 40.