elpmis

shawndavid

Are you wanting making fuck berserker?
Thanks to fly, here are some uploaded tracks/remixes I've been working on for the last 50 years or so. A couple are housey a couple are breaky. He said he was going to get me situated with another uploader to get some full-length DJ mixes out to you guys as well.

I started this one just trying to do an interesting break, shoved in a 2 Live Crew sample with a half-step pitch drop then added some usher samples. I'm not sure that Usher is the direction I want it to go - just a work in progress. I have other versions of it with other samples and have considered even Primus.
http://www.filefarmer.com/fly/usherbreak.mp3

This is a remix of Richard Humpty Vission's "Never Let Me Down". The original elements I used were the vocals and the wiggly synth on beat 1 in measures 1 and 3 of the opening phrase. The original was very up-disco-housey, so I wrote this one to start off kind of bright and then move into a darker bass line with a plucky melodic sound to compliment the vocals. It reeks a bit in the onset of Euro cheese, but I was trying to make something that felt different than other things I was doing at the time. Also, this was my first attempt at writing a kind of simple, arpeggiated melody.
http://www.filefarmer.com/fly/HumprtyRmx.mp3

This was one of the first in-depth remixes I did a couple years back of Ce Ce Peniston's "Finally". I wanted it to have a kind of Scumfrog vibe to it, but ended up making it harder when the break down came in. I tried to give it a dark, mystic sound in the beginning with the bass and flute playing off each other. I still want to polish the section after the break down and I need to finalize the ass end, but it's almost done.
http://www.filefarmer.com/fly/Pushbuckles.mp3

This is one of the 1st remixes I did once I decided this was something I was going to apply myself to. I used the acapella from Depeche Mode's "Only When I Lose Myself". It's pretty simple, fairly repetitive, but kind of pleasant. I used break samples with the bottom end pulled out and layed down a new kick. The sound quality seems a little muddy. It might be because of how busy it is.
http://www.filefarmer.com/fly/depeche.mp3

Do you have anything that sounds like Chemical Brothers - Name Of The Game? That song is *core.

Lame-o said:
Any trance, or just pop house remixes?

The stuff he has worked on and posted is mostly housey stuff, however we listen to an abundance of Trance music as well, if the "mood" is right. I'm sure he can give you some material or at least some ideas on where to get the good stuff.

Right now he is on a Luke Chable kick. Progressvie House I believe is the genre.

I know Paul Oakenfold does alot of trance tracks... again Mr. S will have to solidify these statements as I have a terrible memory.

Candy said:
The stuff he has worked on and posted is mostly housey stuff, however we listen to an abundance of Trance music as well, if the "mood" is right. I'm sure he can give you some material or at least some ideas on where to get the good stuff.

Right now he is on a Luke Chable kick. Progressvie House I believe is the genre.

I know Paul Oakenfold does alot of trance tracks... again Mr. S will have to solidify these statements as I have a terrible memory.

I know who makes trance music (it's my favorite genre), but I was wondering if your bf makes any of his own. If so, I'd really like to hear it.

Lame-o said:
I know who makes trance music (it's my favorite genre), but I was wondering if your bf makes any of his own. If so, I'd really like to hear it.

Oh. I didn't know any trance artists before meeting him and I was always into it.

I'm not sure that he has any original trance per say, but as Bubbles put it, I'm sure it will be in the works once we get the studio together.

Candy said:
Oh. I didn't know any trance artists before meeting him and I was always into it.

I'm not sure that he has any original trance per say, but as Bubbles put it, I'm sure it will be in the works once we get the studio together.
For now, it will just be a purple room... :gayo:

I don't have any intentions of making any vocal or epic-type trance (a la PVD, Oakie, Tiesto, etc). I used to enjoy those guys a bit, but the bulk of their selections are a bit too 'Junior Miss section at JC Penny' for me - Tiesto's "SFS2" is still a good listen as is Oak's "Transport", IMO. I was playing a lot of Markus Schulz for a while, but his tracks started sounding the same, because he was recycling a lot of sound to facilitate the quick churning out of remixes. I guess shit gets hard when people are pulling you from all directions to put tracks out. My personal taste/style leans these days, as far as trance goes, toward an industrial house/trance flavor - ie: Luke Chable, James Holden, Andy Moor, etc. As far as other genres I also like Rowan Blades, John Graham/Quivver (w/ Graham & Blades), Dylan Rhymes, JDS, The Scumfrog, and too many more to list.

I make music in every genre, though. It depends on the mood I'm in when I'm working.

shawndavid said:
I don't have any intentions of making any vocal or epic-type trance (a la PVD, Oakie, Tiesto, etc). I used to enjoy those guys a bit, but the bulk of their selections are a bit too 'Junior Miss section at JC Penny' for me - Tiesto's "SFS2" is still a good listen as is Oak's "Transport", IMO. I was playing a lot of Markus Schulz for a while, but his tracks started sounding the same, because he was recycling a lot of sound to facilitate the quick churning out of remixes. I guess shit gets hard when people are pulling you from all directions to put tracks out. My personal taste/style leans these days, as far as trance goes, toward an industrial house/trance flavor - ie: Luke Chable, James Holden, Andy Moor, etc. As far as other genres I also like Rowan Blades, John Graham/Quivver (w/ Graham & Blades), Dylan Rhymes, JDS, The Scumfrog, and too many more to list.

I make music in every genre, though. It depends on the mood I'm in when I'm working.

Well I was kind of on the fence before (just kidding), but now I think you're a cool guy. Industrial trance is my fave too, though I can't really find Chable's stuff around here, not including the internet of course.