Tampa Drug tests for welfare recipients

dbzeag

Wants to kiss you where it stinks
Jun 9, 2006
Marklar
₥1,014
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...ng_welfare_recipients_to_take_drug_test_.html

Florida Gov. Rick Scott signs law requiring welfare recipients to take drug test, ACLU objects

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...ipients_to_take_drug_test_.html#ixzz1O8Y3VABI

I don't know how I feel about this to be honest. It makes the welfare recipients pay (ostensibly corporations Scott owns) for the drug tests themselves.

I know the reasoning to do it, but where do you draw the line?

All states should do it. Taxpayers supporting peoples habits is retarded.

not to mention most jobs drug tests, so if you can't pass one you obviously plan on being on welfare forever.

how much does a drug test cost?

hell, I would extend it to alcohol and nicotine as well. if you're getting welfare you shouldn't be drinking and smoking in the first place

how much does a drug test cost?

hell, I would extend it to alcohol and nicotine as well. if you're getting welfare you shouldn't be drinking and smoking in the first place
In theory it would be great. In practice, I wonder what it will push poor people to do illegally to make ends meet and to keep up their habits.

• Gravy
Reactions: 1 person
I think the poor should be summarily executed.

The sun beams down on a brand new day
No more welfare tax to pay
Unsightly slums gone up in flashing light
Jobless millions whisked away
At last we have more room to play
All systems go to kill the poor tonight

Gonna
Kill kill kill kill Kill the poor:Tonight

-Dead Kennedys

• Gravy
Reactions: 1 person
I don't see the problem with some drug use. Pot for instance, I have no problem with people being on welfare any smoking weed. There is no test for people spending their entire welfare check on beer.

I used to see people in the store all the time buying food with footstamps, then spending a hundred in cash on beer and cigerettes.

only reason I don't see it anymore is I don't work the night shift anymore so I don't shop at the times these people are usually out and about...