Does anybody on here drink whiskey?

CletusJones said:
why do you not touch it?
I don't care for the general lack of character associated with the grain whiskey in blended scotches.

And yes, that includes JW Gold and Blue - while I find them to be 'okay', they're certainly not worth the cost, not when you can get a Glenmorangie 18 for less than the Gold and a Port Ellen 19 for less than the Blue.

ChikkenNoodul said:
I do not touch blended scotch

my nga :heart:

I have to admit, my wife brought home a boutique, small batch bottle of bourbon, and I am very happy with it

ChikkenNoodul said:
I don't care for the general lack of character associated with the grain whiskey in blended scotches.

And yes, that includes JW Gold and Blue - while I find them to be 'okay', they're certainly not worth the cost, not when you can get a Glenmorangie 18 for less than the Gold and a Port Ellen 19 for less than the Blue.

JW was quite a letdown.

I had a glass of MacAllan 12 year the other night that was adequate at best. My tastes are getting too fucking expensive

ChikkenNoodul said:
I'll probably make a stop here as well:

http://www.coventgardenwhiskyshop.co.uk/

I've been there a few times. Great shop. I stayed at the Waldorf a few blocks away and hauled 3 or 4 bags of shit there by the time I left a week later.

If you guys happen to make it up to Scotland, even for a day, take the distillery tour. If scotch is your thing you will think you've died and gone to heaven. All the snifters you can shake a stick at, of all the best scotch on the planet.

Sarcasmo said:
I've been there a few times. Great shop. I stayed at the Waldorf a few blocks away and hauled 3 or 4 bags of shit there by the time I left a week later.

If you guys happen to make it up to Scotland, even for a day, take the distillery tour. If scotch is your thing you will think you've died and gone to heaven. All the snifters you can shake a stick at, of all the best scotch on the planet.
Which distillery tour?

I've been to a few :fly:

ChikkenNoodul said:
Which distillery tour?

I've been to a few :fly:

The one where you travel from distillery to distillery. You should be able to find a package that hits 4 or 5 of them.

Sarcasmo said:
The one where you travel from distillery to distillery. You should be able to find a package that hits 4 or 5 of them.

I've never been banned from an entire country before, I think that might do the trick

Sarcasmo said:
Oh, I don't do group tours :eek:

I did three in a day, Glenlivet was the first stop and we got generous amounts of the 12, French Oak, 18, and the 21yo bottling there - then lunch at the Craigellachie Hotel's Quaich Bar (Where I enjoyed a glass of 45yo Mortlach), then Glenfiddich and then Cardhu (which is awful stuff)

Drool-Boy said:
ahaha the wife got mad at me the other night cuz she could "taste" my farts:D

zengirl said:
OMFG this is the single grossest thing I've read all day

omfg....aaaaahahahahahahahaha

deadalive5on.gif

jaxxor said:
I've never been banned from an entire country before, I think that might do the trick

I think you, especially, would love it. It's better to not go on group tours (As Chikken apparently knows), but sometimes people have an aversion to being on their own in other countries and groups make it easy and less stressful. The problem with that, as someone like you would soon discover, is that they don't alot enough time at each place to make it worth your while. It's a decent stop, just not for someone who wants to really bask in the glory of scotch.

As my dad said when we were walking into one of the them, "Son, if I never see you again, know that I love you."