Does anybody on here drink whiskey?

Sarcasmo

A Taste Of Honey Fluff Boy
Mar 28, 2005
34,396
464
648
45
Austin
Marklar
₥663
I only drink single malts. The Macallan, Lagavulin, Ardbeg, and Talisker are good. I also like Glenfiddich Special Reserve and Aberlour.

It would be interesting to see what's in that bottle and what it tastes like (I ain't trying it), but of course the age of scotch comes before it's bottled, not after it's been behind a wall for a couple hundred years.
 

Syrup Beaver

pants log
Sep 30, 2004
47,779
251
648
50
beneath the soiled underbelly of the 'nev
Visit site
Marklar
₥28
Sarcasmo said:
It would be interesting to see what's in that bottle and what it tastes like (I ain't trying it), but of course the age of scotch comes before it's bottled, not after it's been behind a wall for a couple hundred years.
True, but 18xx bottlings still fetch a pretty penny to collectors, I recall one opened bottle of Laphroaig bottled in the 1890's that was going for several thousand pounds.


I had a big glass of Glenfiddich 30yo last night :drool:
 

Galen

Flaccid Member
Nov 25, 2004
3,354
0
0
Ireland
Marklar
₥0
ChikkenNoodul said:
True, but 18xx bottlings still fetch a pretty penny to collectors, I recall one opened bottle of Laphroaig bottled in the 1890's that was going for several thousand pounds.


I had a big glass of Glenfiddich 30yo last night :drool:
There is a wine from the 1880's in my kitchen wine rack. Forget where my father got it though.
 

Sarcasmo

A Taste Of Honey Fluff Boy
Mar 28, 2005
34,396
464
648
45
Austin
Marklar
₥663
Galen said:
There is a wine from the 1880's in my kitchen wine rack. Forget where my father got it though.


I don't suppose anyone happened to catch that show on the Discovery Channel some time ago about the shipwreck where they found intact casks of wine dating back to the 1700s... They said that because of the nature of wine and the conditions on the ocean floor it was still fully drinkable. Talk about interesting. But again, I aint' trying it.

edit: I think they were ceramic jugs, actually. Not casks.
 

Mean Mr. Mustard

Always shouts out something obscene
Sep 30, 2004
69,523
37,909
1,323
53
Uranus
Marklar
₥44,144
Steam
heyfubuddy
Sarcasmo said:
I don't suppose anyone happened to catch that show on the Discovery Channel some time ago about the shipwreck where they found intact casks of wine dating back to the 1700s... They said that because of the nature of wine and the conditions on the ocean floor it was still fully drinkable. Talk about interesting. But again, I aint' trying it.

edit: I think they were ceramic jugs, actually. Not casks.



yeah I dont think Id be drinking any 300 year old hooch some twat found at the bottom of the sea.
 

tre

fly gave me a handjob for marklar
Oct 15, 2004
27,322
20,954
823
igloo
Marklar
₥19,115
I had a few drams of Highland Park 18 y.o. last evening, it was lovely. I'd try that bottle, but it's most likely pretty nasty...
 

CletusJones

CUCKGBLR
Oct 15, 2004
16,875
713
548
Marklar
₥288
fartslinger said:
I had a few drams of Highland Park 18 y.o. last evening, it was lovely. I'd try that bottle, but it's most likely pretty nasty...
I had some Highland Park 12 y.o. last night. :drool:

I see that you have the 18 y.o. *shakes fist*