Docking is quite possibly the worst activity in the world

mattcohn.com

Giant Member
Apr 14, 2006
Marklar
₥0
Pretty much. So I was done with my finals on Tuesday, and as of then am through my freshman year at Western Washington University! The bad thing: moving out of the dorm. Wow moving is such a pain, especially when you don't have enough boxes. I'm not sure which is worse, hauling everything out to the car, trying to cram it all in, or the fact that all your perfectly arranged stuff ends up everywhere without any rhyme or reason. Moving is quite possibly the worst activity in the world.

And I have an apartment lease in Bellingham starting in late July so I get to do it all over again! :mad:

You are moving a bunch of shit out of an apartment. You dont even have furniture!

Obviously deprived of relocation experiances as a child. Shame.

mattcohn.com said:
Pretty much. So I was done with my finals on Tuesday, and as of then am through my freshman year at Western Washington University! The bad thing: moving out of the dorm. Wow moving is such a pain, especially when you don't have enough boxes. I'm not sure which is worse, hauling everything out to the car, trying to cram it all in, or the fact that all your perfectly arranged stuff ends up everywhere without any rhyme or reason. Moving is quite possibly the worst activity in the world.

And I have an apartment lease in Bellingham starting in late July so I get to do it all over again! :mad:

lol, /stereotype fulfilled

The last time we moved these men came and packed all of our stuff and moved it all. It was great. Best move ever. Then people came and completely cleaned the place we were moving out of for us. The only thing we had to do was unpack once we got to our new place, which was a lot of work, but it didn't kill us. I hope to move this way every time from now on.

The movers did pack some strange stuff though, like the broiler pan for the stove at the old place and the sink stopper. Who takes that stuff with them?

FlamingGlory said:
You are moving a bunch of shit out of an apartment. You dont even have furniture!

Obviously deprived of relocation experiances as a child. Shame.
Your parents dragging you around in a carseat doesn't count.

mattcohn.com said:
I had to take down my RENT poster :(
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
That song is going through my head now. Five hundred twenty six thouand six hundred minutes or whatever. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

edit: Since I've lived in Florida, I think I've moved like 9 times. It's horrible.

ceiling fly said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
That song is going through my head now. Five hundred twenty six thouand six hundred minutes or whatever. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

edit: Since I've lived in Florida, I think I've moved like 9 times. It's horrible.

Yeah it must have been hard to watch the movers . . . . I pity you.

On the other hand I just had surgery on my kidney and had to move (in March) . . . . you know what I am going to punch you for this post :mad:

Edit: had surgery in March not right now.

Last edited:
Thorn Bird said:
if we ever move again, we'll get movers. i'm over it.
Cost us like $400 with a shitload of heavy furniture and about 50 boxes. We just had to pack it up, which is how I would prefer it anyway.

ceiling fly said:
Cost us like $400 with a shitload of heavy furniture and about 50 boxes. We just had to pack it up, which is how I would prefer it anyway.

same here. i wouldn't let anyone rifle through my stuff. i'm weird like that. plus, i can get rid of stuff i don't want to move. and i can arrange each box the way i want it, and label the box with what room it will belong in.

Thorn Bird said:
same here. i wouldn't let anyone rifle through my stuff. i'm weird like that. plus, i can get rid of stuff i don't want to move. and i can arrange each box the way i want it, and label the box with what room it will belong in.

That is the problem with letting people pack for you. They will pack everything, even trash. They are pretty good at packing stuff so it doesn't get broken or anything. They did a great job of labeling everything so that when they delivered it wasn't difficult to decide where everything should go.