Do you have a problem with US port security being handled by an Arab owned company?

Yes. Yes I do. Call me a racist, call me close minded, whatever, but in this day and age, a domestic recource of that magnitude should be handled by a domestic company. Its not something that you can just turn over to whomever waves the most cash in front of you. This shit is just asking for trouble.

Security will be provided by the U.S. Coast Guard and U.S. Customs agents, and the employees at the ports will be American longshoremen. It's not like we're going to have turbaned sandal monkeys running around the docks at night muttering "blalalalalalalala" under their breaths.

Drool-Boy said:
Yes. Yes I do. Call me a racist, call me close minded, whatever, but in this day and age, a domestic recource of that magnitude should be handled by a domestic company. Its not something that you can just turn over to whomever waves the most cash in front of you. This shit is just asking for trouble.
You're not racist, Hillary Clinton shares you view point

elpmis said:
You're not racist, Hillary Clinton shares you view point

eh?:wtf:

Anyways, my opinon is really only based on what the tv news chooses to sensationalize during dinner. Ive not researched any of the facts.
But on the surface it sounds hokey.

Honestly, NO.

Reasoning: Most of these containers are being packed and shipped to us by, wait for it, foreigners any way. Now the checks just end up in Dubai instead of London. No biggie.
The larger picture is this, since 9-11 the US has done very little to improve overall port security. According to a report I heard on the radio yesterday, less than 10% of the containers cominng into the US are really looked at anyway. We don't have enough large scanners or even radiation detection devices at the ports to cover everything as it stands.
Not to mention, that our intelligence agencies are still set up the same way they were pre 9-11, so we are still vulnerable to the same intel lapses & infighting.
Lastly, as far as ports go. Take a look at the Long Beac, CA port or the container port in Seattle, Wa. Those places are fucking huge and it's gonna take a hell of a lot of money, labor & other resources to scan, sniff, open, or other wise investigate a larger percentage of containers than we do now.

It's not a security issue, it's an issue of economics. Do we want to help finance a country that had ties to 9/11 bankrolling? That's the only real question.

The other funny thing: Dubai imports will be managing our large weapon shipments next year (this will include attack helos, missiles, tanks, and such).

Drool-Boy said:
eh?:wtf:

Anyways, my opinon is really only based on what the tv news chooses to sensationalize during dinner. Ive not researched any of the facts.
But on the surface it sounds hokey.
hillary is a [ADMIN EDIT]