Do you have a problem with US port security being handled by an Arab owned company?

Sarcasmo said:
It's not a security issue, it's an issue of economics. Do we want to help finance a country that had ties to 9/11 bankrolling? That's the only real question.
I think its really a stretch to assume that the UAE government had anything to do with 9/11. And we're already financing most, if not all, of those countries anyway...

P&O are fucking useless anyway. They hire the cheapest scum they can find.

Nothing wrong with an Arab owned company handling security, I can bet they'll do a much, much better job than P&O ever could.

ChikkenNoodul said:
Provided they don't have a thick accent

Novell keeps having their Indian employees call me and convice me to go to brains share. They have the thickest accents and always give a phony American name. John, Sarah, David have called me this week. They sounded more like Abu, Sony, and Jamal.

I agree with the accent. I don't want a doctor to order a prostate exam and sound like he's ordering a Slushi refill.

b_sinning said:
I'd prefer an Indian Doctor. They were always the nerds in school. Good work ethic.
I'd rather not. They're usually always underqualified to work in situations that they're put into. Ontop of that, it costs about $2000 to train as a Doctor in India and takes about 3 years.

From my own experience, the NHS employes every Tom, Dick and Harry as long as they have an MBChB after their name. It's good to see they're finally starting to vet foreign candidates, however.

Galen said:
I'd rather not. They're usually always underqualified to work in situations that they're put into. Ontop of that, it costs about $2000 to train as a Doctor in India and takes about 3 years.

From my own experience, the NHS employes every Tom, Dick and Harry as long as they have an MBChB after their name. It's good to see they're finally starting to vet foreign candidates, however.

But an American Born / trained Indian Doctor is a different matter. I've dealt with a few and they were good at their jobs.

b_sinning said:
Novell keeps having their Indian employees call me and convice me to go to brains share. They have the thickest accents and always give a phony American name. John, Sarah, David have called me this week. They sounded more like Abu, Sony, and Jamal.
One of my friends' fiancee runs a call center over thar, she said the reason they do that is purely financial - it takes way too long on the phone to spell their real names for people when requested. Apparantly it's quite a significant savings...

ChikkenNoodul said:
One of my friends' fiancee runs a call center over thar, she said the reason they do that is purely financial - it takes way too long on the phone to spell their real names for people when requested. Apparantly it's quite a significant savings...

So I save my company a nickle every time I just tell people my name is B? They should at least give me .02 of that .05.

b_sinning said:
But an American Born / trained Indian Doctor is a different matter. I've dealt with a few and they were good at their jobs.
I've dealt with lots. Sure, UK born indian Doctors are just as good as the rest of us, but the migrants can barely speak a word of English. In this profession, that's downright dangerous.

ChikkenNoodul said:
Yeah, those would be the ones with the thick accents that I avoid like elpie's socks after a week in that llama suit
They all have thick accents. Some can speak English and some can't however.

Galen said:
I've dealt with lots. Sure, UK born indian Doctors are just as good as the rest of us, but the migrants can barely speak a word of English. In this profession, that's downright dangerous.

Very true. I've been burned just by a doctors poor handwritting. Pharmacy just wrote down what they thought he wrote and I almost ended up in the hospital from taking way too much of a prescribed drug once.

Any terrorist attack on a port run by these guys would be as bad for their business as anyone else's. Besides, they'll be using, probably, the same people working at the ports right now. I really think this is a manufactured issue.

b_sinning said:
Very true. I've been burned just by a doctors poor handwritting. Pharmacy just wrote down what they thought he wrote and I almost ended up in the hospital from taking way too much of a prescribed drug once.
Christ, I'd have had a tight complaint on the go :p I hope you did.

fly said:
I think its really a stretch to assume that the UAE government had anything to do with 9/11. And we're already financing most, if not all, of those countries anyway...

It's a fact that most of the money was funnelled through Dubai.