Do want

So basically, she should take this single bill and research EVERYTHING about it? Wouldn't it be more efficient for people that know about the technology to write it for her? Writing bills is not her job...

The people writing it (in this particular case) just used a bunch of scary terms and features that don't add any killability to the weapon in order to cover a larger spectrum of weapons to ban. They don't know anything about the technology either (again, in this particular case).

So basically, she should take this single bill and research EVERYTHING about it? Wouldn't it be more efficient for people that know about the technology to write it for her? Writing bills is not her job...

It's akin to someone writing up an "anti-hacking" bill and throwing in a ban on a programming language.

"This bill you're supporting and intend to sign says it will make 'javascript' illegal. Do you know what that is?"

"It's the device that steals your credit card numbers."

I may not expect her to know what types and lengths of barrel shrouds are available for any given firearm but I sure as fuck expect her to know what one is if she's signing a law specifically referring to it.

Last edited:
It's akin to someone writing up an "anti-hacking" bill and throwing in a ban on a programming language.

"This bill you're supporting and intend to sign says it will make 'javascript' illegal. Do you know what that is?"

"It's the device that steals your credit card numbers."

I may not expect her to know what types and lengths of barrel shrouds are available for any given firearm but I sure as fuck expect her to know what one is if she's signing a law specifically referring to it.

I think she understands the 'general' idea of the bill, which is really all thats needed. How many pages was that bill?

I think she understands the 'general' idea of the bill, which is really all thats needed. How many pages was that bill?

That's not all that's really needed, imho. She needs to understand what it's affecting.

I would fully expect McCarthy to know that java is a language and not a credit card number stealing device even if I don't expect her to know anything about the language itself before signing my anti-hacking bill into law.

I lel'd...

n13q0y.jpg

I thank Counter-Strike that I actually know each and every one of those weapons.

That's hilarious. But do people REALLY expect these idiotic talking heads to know what goes into half the bills they propose and sign? That's pretty polly-anna.

I expect them to not DO anything.

I don't know why people think that congress should always be making up crap to write into law, all it does is keep them employed because it's some sort of "result".

Just like the idiots in business who create work for themselves by implementing time-reporting software, change management, or some other ultimately useless piece of technology.