Ontopic Denver School senior claims unfair censorship on yearbook photo

Floptical

Doesnt Read Thread Titles
Sep 1, 2006
Rockies
Marklar
₥34,710
A Denver School senior claims unfair censorship after her peers on the yearbook staff decided her yearbook photo isn’t appropriate to use for her senior portrait.

The picture Sydney Spies, 18, wants to use shows her in a short yellow skirt and top that leaves her shoulders and midriff exposed.

The four yearbook staff members say the clothing in the picture violates dress code at the school.

The editors defended their decision Thursday, saying their vote was unanimous.

What are your thoughts on this?

attachment.php

A Denver School senior claims unfair censorship after her peers on the yearbook staff decided her yearbook photo isn’t appropriate to use for her senior portrait.

The picture Sydney Spies, 18, wants to use shows her in a short yellow skirt and top that leaves her shoulders and midriff exposed.

The four yearbook staff members say the clothing in the picture violates dress code at the school.

The editors defended their decision Thursday, saying their vote was unanimous.

What are your thoughts on this?

http://www.uselessforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3702&d=1325897007

They need to edit in some bigger tits.

I'm all for it. This is a high school yearbook, not playboy modeling application. Also, what parent in their right mind would allow their daughter to have her senior portraits shot in that outfit. Whores the lot of them.

They aren't preventing her from publishing it in other venues, just in a yearbook that is representative of the school and obstensibly an official school publication, therefore it is not censorship.

It's not censorship, she doesn't have a right to do whatever she wants in THEIR yearbook. If I wanted to put out a book and DJB came along and said 'I want to call that character Carol' he couldn't shout censorship when I told him Carol is a fags name.

It's not censorship, she doesn't have a right to do whatever she wants in THEIR yearbook. If I wanted to put out a book and DJB came along and said 'I want to call that character Carol' he couldn't shout censorship when I told him Carol is a fags name.

Good thing Andy spells it Carroll then.

They aren't preventing her from publishing it in other venues, just in a yearbook that is representative of the school and obstensibly an official school publication, therefore it is not censorship.

I couldn't have put it so eloquently official, but this would have been my post.