DEFINITELY not another BF2 thread

I thought this was interesting:

/. forums said:
On a peculiar note, even though the world is ending in 2142, it appears that advertising will still be around. Battlefield 2142 features in-game ads, though we didn't get to see them firsthand during our testing. Still, there is a printed disclaimer that comes with the game telling you that Battlefield 2142 will analyze certain "advertising data" on your machine to determine what ads to display to you. Ironically, EA says that if you don't want your data shared with its advertising partner then "do not install or play the software on any platform that is used to connect to the Internet." But that would pretty much defeat the purpose of playing Battlefield 2142, wouldn't it? Of course, you could always play single-player against the artificial intelligence, though the AI won't be mistaken for human opponents any time soon, and the single-player is still limited to 16-player maps. Still, this is an example of things to come, as we begin to see dynamic in-game ads appear in more and more games.

So basically EA will do what they want and if you dont like it you can suck it.

I never got past finding out what the first one was. What was that quest about?

Nirnroots?

You take them to some guy and he makes a potion of exploration.

Starts out asking for 10, so you get 10 and get back to him and he makes a weak potion of Exploration... then he wants 20 more... so you get those and get back to him and you get another weak potion of exploration and he says he can make a stronger potion if you get him 30 more... so you do that and then you get a potion of exploration and he says he can make you a strong potion if you get him 40 more...so you do that and he makes a strong potion of exploration and you finally get a completed quest.

All in all you collect 100 out of the 300 nirnroots in the game... it takes freakin forever and as soon as you complete the final quest, then you start to find nirnroots EVERYWHERE and they're pretty much useless

Call of Duty 3 + PS3 > Xbox 360.

hit1.jpg

Games that I want to play more than BF2142 now (not including PS3, 360, and Wii releases, since I don't have any of those):

GH2
FFXII
Okami
Bully
Lumines II
God Hand
WTF
Valkyrie Profile 2
Splinter Cell Double Agent
Dark Messiah
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
FEAR Expansion