crazy family

taivas

Erect Member
Aug 12, 2008
coffeeland
Marklar
₥82
I got the following from my mom earlier:

subject: difficult days--how is your prayer life?

I have been doing a lot of praying lately and also thinking about what difficult times these seem to be. I think we all have to be VERY diligent in practicing our faith and remaining vigilant lest we stray from His path. I don't want to bombard you with all that I have read or even half of it but I do want to share a bit every day as I go. It is imperative for us to remain true to God each and every day.

AS world events intensify, many are feeling panicked as they watch their security begin to crumble. It should not be so for believers. God cares for His own (and how He wishes the whole world were of His flock!) The care God provided His people in the exodus from Egypt prefigures the care He is giving to His Church today as they pass through this desert toward the "promised land".

The LORD preceded them, in the daytime by means of a column of cloud to show them the way, and at night by means of a column of fire to give them light.

If you want to find your way through the days ahead, the answer is going to be simple, for Jesus said it is to little children that the Kingdom of Heaven is given. Follow the Pillar of Fire! That is, spend time before Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament. He is there to lead and guide and renew you by His Sacramental presence.

Yes, it is hard! It means sacrificing something else. It means remaining in an often empty Church in the night of faith, as you remain in the quiet presence of the King. But there—oh, I promise you!—He will direct your soul, little by little, and will strengthen and heal you in ways which are mostly imperceptible. Is the Eucharist not Jesus? Is Jesus not there? He is there. He is there. Seek Him, then, where He is.

Follow the Pillar of Cloud! Our Lady is not simply a lovely object of Church art. She is the woman who crushes Satan’s head with her heel! Don’t let yourself be deceived into thinking that the Rosary, the chain of grace, is not for you. Do you wish to be holy? Do you wish to see Satan conquered? Then enter the daylight of the Holy Rosary. She will collect untold blessings from the treasuries of God’s mercy so that every good and beneficial grace will rain down upon you and your family, if you ask for them. But you must pick yourself up, go to your room, shut the door, and begin to pray. And the more dry, the more painful, the more difficult it is to pray, the more powerful your prayer is because then you are praying by faith and not by sight.

I pray for each of you every single day, that you will grow in your faith and grow closer to Him as you follow your life's path.

Will send more again.

Love,
Mom

I have no idea how to respond to this. :confused:

considering the content of the letter, that's the weirdest part?
I dont know enough details of either situation to comment comfortably.

From the letters alone, tavais' mom is just preaching and yours is well... Idk, she cares.

you say "i appreciate your care and love for me, mom. I love you. taivas" and that's it. you can comment on what motivates her to send something, regardless of what it is. if it doesn't bother you to get an email like this sometimes. if you don't like what she's sending, then you can still recognize her motivation but respectfully tell her that you aren't comfortable with the emails and you'd appreciate if she didn't send them.

:heart:

She is the woman who crushes Satan’s head with her heel!

How is religion so fucking sadistic?! How do so many people find this okay? :lol:

I feel your pain tho, anime and I's family are constantly sending us jesus forwards. I file them away in my family folder so one day I can count them to gauge the wackyness.

I used to get stuff like this from my parents (both mom and dad) especially the ones about how Obama is going to eat your children, and Nancy Pelosi is going to burnm your asshole, that kind of stuff.

Then I introduced my parents to snopes.com.

The letters stopped.

i made the mistake of telling my aunt about two months after a family emergency that i no longer affiliated myself to the Catholic church. it's been almost 3 years and she sends me her prayer circle forwards every week. i never respond.

it's also been awkward at best? lately because i've been sick and everyone in my family keeps telling me they're praying for me. i'm like, uh, thanks guys but it's no big deal (aka non life threatening) and i believe in medicine and small incisions for a tiny scalpel and vacuum to get me better.

Last edited:
Oh, unrelated but amusing story about my parents...

Based on the fact that a little over a year ago (when I determined that I was gay), I turned down a job offer in my hometown (where I've talked about moving back to ever since we moved here) and instead moved to the other side of Tampa Bay...

... they assumed that I must have a girlfriend that I didn't want them to know about.

lolwut

Oh, unrelated but amusing story about my parents...

Based on the fact that a little over a year ago (when I determined that I was gay), I turned down a job offer in my hometown (where I've talked about moving back to ever since we moved here) and instead moved to the other side of Tampa Bay...

... they assumed that I must have a girlfriend that I didn't want them to know about.

lolwut

Well did you let them know that was silly?