Could You Stay a Clean Cop?

b_sinning

Erect Member
Nov 22, 2004
Savannah, GA
Marklar
₥10
If you were a cop and you were faced with opportunites could you stay clean. I'm not talking about so much about pay offs but the harder choices. Drug dealer gets the same charges if you catch him with 20 grand as 200 grand. If you know the money was going to vanish into the system could you keep from dropping a few grand in your pocket before turning it in?

How about if you knew that some killer child rapist would get off no problems and no one knew you had found them and no one would ever know you took care of the issue yourself?

Would you be willing to dirty yourself, something along the lines of the shield, if you knew you'd be more effective at making society into what you truely believed to be a better place?

I'd have a hard time seeing people I knew were guilty of these horrible horrible crimes walk free because they could afford a better lawyer that knew how to manipulate the system.

b_sinning said:
If you were a cop and you were faced with opportunites could you stay clean. I'm not talking about so much about pay offs but the harder choices. Drug dealer gets the same charges if you catch him with 20 grand as 200 grand. If you know the money was going to vanish into the system could you keep from dropping a few grand in your pocket before turning it in?

No.

How about if you knew that some killer child rapist would get off no problems and no one knew you had found them and no one would ever know you took care of the issue yourself?

Just look away a moment, thats all I'd need.

Would you be willing to dirty yourself, something along the lines of the shield, if you knew you'd be more effective at making society into what you truely believed to be a better place?

Hell yes.

Nope. I am Lawful good. No matter the crime I would do whats right by the law. Taking it into your own hands makes you no better then the person committing the crime.

I would have my own code for sure. The law enforcement types in my family have had a history of street justice.

I would, however, bust every asshole that throws a cigarette butt out the window or cuts me off in traffic.

One of my main problems is I don't believe in lots of the laws. We have too many pointless unneeded laws that really don't help the common man but are more to serve the interest of lobbyiest or one social class.

Ambition + power = corruption

I think even the most well intentioned person would find themselves torn between a personal morality issue and the law. Lots of people confuse law enforcement with the carriage of justice, so they can't reconcile their job with the lack of justice.

I know myself and I know my ambition would see the power as an avenue to exact justice in order to appease my own morality. That's wrong. I could never be in law enforcement.

I'd rather be a customs agent than a cop, but with my luck I'd get capped by some angsty minority in a cargo hold some night.

No offense to any angsty minorities who may be reading this.

zengirl said:
Ambition + power = corruption

I think even the most well intentioned person would find themselves torn between a personal morality issue and the law. Lots of people confuse law enforcement with the carriage of justice, so they can't reconcile their job with the lack of justice.

I know myself and I know my ambition would see the power as an avenue to exact justice in order to appease my own morality. That's wrong. I could never be in law enforcement.

My personal morality is such that I view the law as the highest judge of what is right and wrong. If I feel that a law is unjust or does not do enough, it needs to be changed from within the system

I'd be taking kickbacks, getting free hummers in my squad car, and doing crazy amounts of blow.

that would be the only way I could appease myself for having sunk so low as to become a cop :lol: