12:00PM ET Stanford @ Wake Forest
12:00PM ET Duke @ Army
1:30PM ET Marshall @ #14 Virginia Tech
2:00PM ET Kent State @ Boston College
3:30PM ET #16 TCU @ Virginia
6:00PM ET Jacksonville State @ Florida State
6:00PM ET James Madison @ Maryland
6:00PM ET Murray State @ North Carolina State

Notes: Ga. Tech will win this easily if their offense is consistent and they eliminate the turnovers. Clemson can get good field position and control time if Spiller is back to 100%. No real surprises IMO for the remaining games here.

Big 12

Overall: 10-2 Top 25: 1-1 OOC: 10-2 FBS: 6-2 FCS: 4-0

Saturday, September 12
12:05PM ET Iowa @ Iowa State
2:00PM ET Arkansas State @ #22 Nebraska
3:30PM ET Houston @ #5 Oklahoma State
7:00PM ET Idaho State @ #13 Oklahoma
7:00PM ET Bowling Green @ #25 Missouri
7:00PM ET Kansas State @ Louisiana-Lafayette
7:00PM ET Rice @ Texas Tech

Notes: Without Iowa's star RB, their offense fizzled (as evident against Northern Iowa)

Big East

Overall: 6-2 Top 25: 0-0 OOC: 5-1 FBS: 3-2 FCS: 3-0

Saturday, September 12
12:00PM ET #19 North Carolina @ Connecticut
3:30PM ET Howard @ Rutgers
3:30PM ET East Carolina @ West Virginia
7:30PM ET South Florida @ Western Kentucky
7:30PM ET Southeast Missouri State @ #23 Cincinnati

Big Ten

Overall: 10-1 Top 25: 0-0 OOC: 10-1 FBS: 6-1 FCS: 4-0

Saturday, September 12
12:00PM ET Syracuse @ #7 Penn State
12:00PM ET Eastern Michigan @ Northwestern
12:00PM ET Western Michigan @ Indiana
12:00PM ET Central Michigan @ Michigan State
12:00PM ET Fresno State @ Wisconsin
3:30PM ET #18 Notre Dame @ Michigan
7:00PM ET Air Force @ Minnesota
7:00PM ET Illinois State @ Illinois
8:00PM ET #3 USC @ #8 Ohio State

Notes: I'm torn between Notre Dame and Michigan. Frankly I just flipped a coin on that one. They both looked d*mn good in ther debuts. The loser of this one will go into mediocrity again

Conference USA

Overall: 8-4 Top 25: 0-1 OOC: 5-2 FBS: 2-4 FCS: 6-0

Saturday, September 12
3:30PM ET #9 Brigham Young @ Tulane
4:00PM ET Southern Methodist @ UAB
7:00PM ET Memphis @ Middle Tennessee State
7:00PM ET UCF @ Southern Miss
7:30PM ET #24 Kansas @ UTEP

Mid-American Conference

Overall: 3-10 Top 25: 0-1 OOC: 3-10 FBS: 2-9 FCS: 1-1

Friday, September 11
9:00PM ET Colorado @ Toledo

Saturday, September 12
12:00PM ET Pittsburgh @ Buffalo
2:00PM ET Morgan State @ Akron
7:00PM ET Ohio @ North Texas
7:00PM ET New Hampshire @ Ball State
7:30PM ET Western Illinois @ Northern Illinois

Notes: Colorado slumped and Toledo was able to put up points in their game. That's the only reason I picked them.

Mountain West Conference

Overall: 6-2 Top 25: 1-0 OOC: 6-2 FBS: 2-3 FCS: 3-0

Saturday, September 12
3:30PM ET #2 Texas @ Wyoming
5:00PM ET Weber State @ Colorado State
8:00PM ET Tulsa @ New Mexico
8:30PM ET Southern Utah @ San Diego State
10:30PM ET #17 Utah @ San Jose State
11:00PM ET Oregon State @ UNLV

Pacific 10

Overall: 7-3 Top 25: 0-2 OOC: 6-2 FBS: 5-3 FCS: 2-0

Saturday, September 12
3:30PM ET Idaho @ Washington
5:30PM ET Eastern Washington @ #10 California
7:00PM ET Hawaii @ Washington State
9:00PM ET Northern Arizona @ Arizona
10:15PM ET Purdue @ Oregon

Notes: Either Washington has improved tenfold, or we'll have to re-evaluate LSU. Purdue has the more balanced offense as Oregon's rushing attack was non-existant. Who knows how the Blount fiasco will affect them as well.

South-Eastern Conference

Overall: 11-1 Top 25: 1-1 OOC: 11-1 FBS: 7-1 FCS: 4-0

Saturday, September 12
12:21PM ET Troy @ #1 Florida
4:00PM ET UCLA @ Tennessee
7:00PM ET Florida International @ #4 Alabama
7:00PM ET Vanderbilt @ #11 LSU
7:00PM ET South Carolina @ #21 Georgia
7:00PM ET Mississippi State @ Auburn

Sun Belt
Overall: 3-5 Top 25: 0-2 OOC: 3-5 FBS: 0-5 FCS: 3-0
(Eliminated from previewing)

Western Athletic Conference

Overall: 4-5 Top 25: 1-3 OOC: 3-4 FBS: 2-5 FCS: 2-0

Saturday, September 12
8:00PM ET Miami (OH) @ #12 Boise State
8:00PM ET Prairie View A&M @ New Mexico State

Last edited:
Every week, I will do an in depth preview of the marquee game of the week. Chances are, it's just going to mirror wherever College GameDay is going to be that Saturday.

Game of the Week:

Quarterbacks: There's no question that currently Terrelle Pryor is the better of the two QBs. Now it's not that Matt Barkley isn't good, it's purely a matter of two things: Experience and athleticism. Both of these will be needed for both QBs as you can bet USC will be gunning for Pyror as well as OSUs D-line will be hoping to take advantage of the home crowd and force Barkley to make mistakes. Either Carroll was holding back on plays for this game, or he doesn't fully trust Barkley to open the playbook out (hence why the main focus was rushing)

USC RBs vs OSUs defensive front 7: There's a stable of RBs Carroll will be able to go to, to keep his players fresh. Fortunately, there's skill 2 deep on the D-line as well as always solid LBs to help stuff the run. Unfortunately, it's incredibly difficult to guage how well the D-line will stop the run as this will be a completely different style to defend against. The plus side? They no longer have to worry about cut blocks as the main blocking setup. USC gets O'Dowd back to further solidify a tough O-line so that should help create some holes forcing the LBs to make some sure tackles. USC also had 3 RBs average over 10 yards a carry. If OSU doesn't stuff that and force Barkley to throw more, it's going to be a long day.

OSU RBs vs USCs defensive front 7: Herein lies the biggest question mark. OSU ran only Brandon Saine and Boom Herron. There are 3 other RBs who have the capability of playing immediatly. Whether or not they just haven't adjusted to the offense or have other ideas in mind for them is left to be seen. USC has the ability to stop the run no doubt (as evident by San Jose's 9 total rushing yards). However, the talent and speed of their next opponents RBs are far better. There's also the X-Factor with Terrelle's ability to run with the ball.

USC's passing game vs OSU's defense: The Secondary hasn't been tested under a conventional offense. As long as OSU doesn't have to put 8 in the box to stop the run, the mismatches that occurred during the Navy game should not be there. OSU will also have to get a lot of pressure from just the front 4 to keep the talented receivers at bay. Force Barkley into rookie mistakes and OSU can take control of the game. They've already shown they can create numerous turnovers. However, if the O-line is able to protect, Barkley should be able to pass to a multitude of receivers. Currently it seems like his favorite target is McKnight so you can bet he'll be double covered. This will be the best time to determine if he can switch to secondary and third receivers.

OSU's passing game vs USC's defense: USC did not get any interceptions against San Jose State. But with only 112 yards passing, it's not like they needed to. USC will have the ability to break through the O-line and pressure the QB. Pryor's ability to break tackles and slip the rush will be tested to it's fullest ability this game. Tressell finally has the talent at TE to utilize the position and started it during the Navy game. Other than one specific WR who shall remain nameless, all the WRs are catching anything that gets thrown to them. While the rushing attack will be USCs strength, OSUs passing attack will be theirs.

Outlook: While Ohio State has all the talent needed to win in every game they play in, something always seems to be missing be it the motivation needed, or in general the unwillingness to be vicious and attack relentlessly. It's because this reason, I'm picking USC to win this game. However, I think Vegas is right and it will be by a touchdown or less.

is that copypasta or did you write all that? Well done again. The OSU/USC game is gonna be awesome. I hope its on free TV since I don't have cable anymore. :(

is that copypasta or did you write all that? Well done again. The OSU/USC game is gonna be awesome. I hope its on free TV since I don't have cable anymore. :(

Both. I copied the schedule but did the formatting, the picking, the records in each category, etc. The fun part was finding all the teams that were already mentioned in another conference. :lol:

Sadly the game's on ESPN and not ABC

Come over you fuckin homo. You eventually have to see my new crib anyway.
Did your dum ass already forget that we saw it? That said, I'd be down to possibly watch some ball there.
He only thinks it's going to be awesome because he expects USC to totally destroy OSU.

Nah, I don't really care. I'd like to see the Big Ten do well, but my aunt is also an SC alum. Mostly I'd like to see a good game.

Every week, I will do an in depth preview of the marquee game of the week. Chances are, it's just going to mirror wherever College GameDay is going to be that Saturday.

Game of the Week:

Quarterbacks: There's no question that currently Terrelle Pryor is the better of the two QBs. Now it's not that Matt Barkley isn't good, it's purely a matter of two things: Experience and athleticism. Both of these will be needed for both QBs as you can bet USC will be gunning for Pyror as well as OSUs D-line will be hoping to take advantage of the home crowd and force Barkley to make mistakes. Either Carroll was holding back on plays for this game, or he doesn't fully trust Barkley to open the playbook out (hence why the main focus was rushing)

USC RBs vs OSUs defensive front 7: There's a stable of RBs Carroll will be able to go to, to keep his players fresh. Fortunately, there's skill 2 deep on the D-line as well as always solid LBs to help stuff the run. Unfortunately, it's incredibly difficult to guage how well the D-line will stop the run as this will be a completely different style to defend against. The plus side? They no longer have to worry about cut blocks as the main blocking setup. USC gets O'Dowd back to further solidify a tough O-line so that should help create some holes forcing the LBs to make some sure tackles. USC also had 3 RBs average over 10 yards a carry. If OSU doesn't stuff that and force Barkley to throw more, it's going to be a long day.

OSU RBs vs USCs defensive front 7: Herein lies the biggest question mark. OSU ran only Brandon Saine and Boom Herron. There are 3 other RBs who have the capability of playing immediatly. Whether or not they just haven't adjusted to the offense or have other ideas in mind for them is left to be seen. USC has the ability to stop the run no doubt (as evident by San Jose's 9 total rushing yards). However, the talent and speed of their next opponents RBs are far better. There's also the X-Factor with Terrelle's ability to run with the ball.

USC's passing game vs OSU's defense: The Secondary hasn't been tested under a conventional offense. As long as OSU doesn't have to put 8 in the box to stop the run, the mismatches that occurred during the Navy game should not be there. OSU will also have to get a lot of pressure from just the front 4 to keep the talented receivers at bay. Force Barkley into rookie mistakes and OSU can take control of the game. They've already shown they can create numerous turnovers. However, if the O-line is able to protect, Barkley should be able to pass to a multitude of receivers. Currently it seems like his favorite target is McKnight so you can bet he'll be double covered. This will be the best time to determine if he can switch to secondary and third receivers.

OSU's passing game vs USC's defense: USC did not get any interceptions against San Jose State. But with only 112 yards passing, it's not like they needed to. USC will have the ability to break through the O-line and pressure the QB. Pryor's ability to break tackles and slip the rush will be tested to it's fullest ability this game. Tressell finally has the talent at TE to utilize the position and started it during the Navy game. Other than one specific WR who shall remain nameless, all the WRs are catching anything that gets thrown to them. While the rushing attack will be USCs strength, OSUs passing attack will be theirs.

Outlook: While Ohio State has all the talent needed to win in every game they play in, something always seems to be missing be it the motivation needed, or in general the unwillingness to be vicious and attack relentlessly. It's because this reason, I'm picking USC to win this game. However, I think Vegas is right and it will be by a touchdown or less.

You mean Michigan/ND isn't the marquee game? :fly:

(at least you have MSU beating CMU, since they couldn't do it last time they met)

Last edited:
You mean Michigan/ND isn't the marquee game? :fly:

(at least you have MSU beating CMU, since they couldn't do it last time they met)

If Michigan is indeed better, it should be a good game. But sorry, everyone is going to watch the USC OSU game. Whether it's hope for the Big10 or to ridicule the Big10. For some reason, the Big10s hope rests solely on Ohio State

Why the heck did you dump cable?

I mean, I can see doing jmust basic cable. 65 channels is okay.

but 6 channels? of crap?

April trash your credit that badly?

You might beat Notre Dame, but there's no way in hell you're beating Michigan State.
Since our season doesn't really matter much, I'd MUCH rather beat ND.
Why the heck did you dump cable?

I mean, I can see doing jmust basic cable. 65 channels is okay.

but 6 channels? of crap?

April trash your credit that badly?

We download just about everything. Thanks to RSS feeds and Plex, almost the entire thing is automated. The obvious exception is live sporting events. However, if I REALLY want to, I can find them on UStream or Justin.tv.

I dumped cable for an antenna when I moved to ATL. I don't watch much TV anyways, and when I did I was like Coqui and watching ABC or something there about. I got internet through Clearwire.

Oh, and RetroTV ftw! nothing like Magnum PI back to back with Rockford Files :lol:

Since our season doesn't really matter much, I'd MUCH rather beat ND.

Why not? People are expecting you to be just under bowl eligible. Why not exceed expectations and go to a bowl game? Maybe take on a weaker SEC team and destroy them to help build reputation for the Big10