CNN's Kyra Phillips will not have a happy Thanksgiving this year

I was downstairs in the atrium when this happened. You could tell who was in news because immediately there were tables here and there with everyone on the phone yelling or typing furiously into their Blackberries.

got in the elevator on the way up to my floor and the two people already in there were talking about it and laughing :fly:

kyra_phillips.jpg

oops

Follow-up:

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,70131-13540182,00.htm

TV Gaffe Causes Red Faces
Updated: 18:11, Wednesday August 30, 2006

A US television network has apologised to the White House after an open microphone transmitted a presenter's conversation in the loo - during a speech by President Bush.

CNN's Kyra Phillips had taken a break while the channel carried the President's speech in New Orleans.

For about a minute and a half, viewers were treated to her rather muffled conversation with an unnamed colleague, in which she apparently talked about her husband, laughed and talked about her brother.

Luckily, aside from the brief dismissal of men using a vulgar term, she was complimentary about most of her subjects.

Unaware her microphone was on, she said she was a happy girl, adding: "My husband is handsome and he is genuinely a loving - you know, no ego - you know what I'm saying?

"Just a really passionate, compassionate, great, great human being. And they exist. They do exist. They're hard to find. Yup. But they are out there."

Speaking of her brother, however, she said: "I've got to be protective of him. He's married, three kids, and his wife is just a control freak."

Anchor Daryn Kagan, looking flustered, broke into the broadcast immediately afterwards, updating viewers on what Mr Bush had been saying.

In a statement, the network said: "CNN experienced audio difficulties during the president's speech... We apologise to our viewers and the president for the disruption."

It was not clear whether the problem was technical or human, or if anyone would face disciplinary action.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, her bathroom chit chat was far more interesting and newsworthy than the Presidential press conference :lol: