Thread Civil Rights Act

Smoking bans are stupid. They hurt business and they do jack all harm to other people. All that second hand smoke talk is pure rubbish.

Except no.

http://www.uschambermagazine.com/ar...-ban-has-little-impact-on-business-study-says

Despite predictions that smoking bans such as Ohio's would chase customers from bars and restaurants, the economic effect is negligible, a new study indicates.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/06/28/health/28smoke.html

The evidence is now "indisputable" that secondhand smoke is an "alarming" public health hazard, responsible for tens of thousands of premature deaths among nonsmokers each year, Surgeon General Richard H. Carmona said yesterday.

Are they really?

I know that even if you carry no mortgage on your home, you still never outright own it. You are still a "tenant" to the federal government. You still pay rent for the rest of the time that you own it, (taxes). Fail to pay, they take your property.
You only have control in whether to lease it out or to live in it, or to sell it. But, the fed gov can come in and tell you to get the fuggout, whenever they want.

But... not sure about other material possessions.

Take cars off of the road and they are immune to taxes. Make your own biodiesel and oil and you don't have to pay taxes on that (I don't think).

Take cars off of the road and they are immune to taxes. Make your own biodiesel and oil and you don't have to pay taxes on that (I don't think).

Americans are too lazy to do this. They live for convenience.

It's a very small population that actually uses alternatives for fuel and energy.

Americans are too lazy to do this. They live for convenience.

It's a very small population that actually uses alternatives for fuel and energy.

Well if it was easier/cheaper, more people would do it. I know I would.

http://www.goldenfuelsystems.com/

I would pick up a VW Golf TDI right this minute (or better yet a Ford Escape diesel if they made one) if it was certified to run on B100 or SVO. I would hunt down the places I could get those types of fuel or even clean my own from the back of McD's.

If the biodiesel you make is for use on your own property then legally no, you do not have to pay the road tax - just like purchasing off-road diesel or kerosene for agricultural and construction equipment, generators, etc.

If you use the biodiesel you make in a road-going vehicle, technically you *should* be paying road taxes on it, but I'm not aware of anyone who does :lol:

Are they really?

I know that even if you carry no mortgage on your home, you still never outright own it. You are still a "tenant" to the federal government. You still pay rent for the rest of the time that you own it, (taxes). Fail to pay, they take your property.
You only have control in whether to lease it out or to live in it, or to sell it. But, the fed gov can come in and tell you to get the fuggout, whenever they want.

But... not sure about other material possessions.

You don't pay property taxes to the federal government, that would be unconstitutional from what I can tell.

You pay them to the town/city and/or state.

I don't necessarily agree that that should be the case though, I think if you 'own' land then you should OWN it and not be foreclosed on because you didn't pay for the school system to put in a $400,000 lighting system for the football field :rolleyes:

So.....you'll have no issues when they impose bans on types of food as well? After all, it's to keep people healthy

Yeah, banning food is a no no. They should add extra taxes to compensate for the cost of these fat fuckers getting sick and not be able to work, thus not adding to the economy.

Basically a fat tax.

HOA's are fine if people choose to live in an area with one.

_I_ don't like them, and hope to never make the choice to live in one....but they're fine for the weirdos that like that sort of thing I guess.

I will never buy a house tied to a HOA. My property is MY PROPERTY. Fuck someone else telling me what I can or can not do on my property, especially when it doesn't affect anyone else.

I'm cool with having an HOA in my condo. I don't want to fix the roof or elevators, etc

Same here. Giving me access to a gym, indoor full size pool, a security system, and paying the water and gas and some of the electric, as well as maintaining the building, I am quite ok paying the HOA.

How is that fair for Joe Blow who lost his family business, but Mr Wang's Chinese Dimple Dong restaurant is getting added business?

People voted with their money. When I worked at Old Country Buffet, we went to non-smoking half way through my tenure there. The smokers obviously left, but whole families came in that wouldn't otherwise have gone out to eat because of their kids. Remove 2 smokers and gain a family of 4 and you can see how our business went up 10%.

People voted with their money. When I worked at Old Country Buffet, we went to non-smoking half way through my tenure there. The smokers obviously left, but whole families came in that wouldn't otherwise have gone out to eat because of their kids. Remove 2 smokers and gain a family of 4 and you can see how our business went up 10%.

They did not fucking vote with their money!

:waw: :waw: :waw: :waw: :waw: :waw: :waw: :waw: :waw: :waw: :waw: :waw: :waw: :waw: :waw: :waw: :waw: :waw: :waw: :waw: :waw: :waw: :waw: :waw: :waw: :waw: :waw: :waw: :waw: :waw: :waw: :waw: :waw: :waw: :waw: