Thread Civil Rights Act

Liam, think of the anti-seatbelt and helmet laws as Darwin Laws.

People stupid enough to not concern themselves with their own safety will eliminate themselves out of the genepool.

It's a win-win. :)
Exactly. I hate Darwin Laws. If we legislate to protect the lowest common denominator then we're just diluting the gene pool and will eventually end up with a nation of fat, lazy, non-productive idiots...

er...

So you think that smoking bans are fine then? After all it's not your own property.

Smoking bans are stupid. They hurt business and they do jack all harm to other people. All that second hand smoke talk is pure rubbish.

Liam, think of the anti-seatbelt and helmet laws as Darwin Laws.

People stupid enough to not concern themselves with their own safety will eliminate themselves out of the genepool.

It's a win-win. :)

You're living in a wonderland if you think such things are so black and white.

Smoking bans are stupid. They hurt business and they do jack all harm to other people. All that second hand smoke talk is pure rubbish.

I agree and disagree. When I smoked I thought the bans were stupid, but since I made a baby and quit smoking, I'm glad to be in restaurants that are non-smoking... however, it really *should* be a matter of me voting with my dollars and just not patronizing an establishment that allows smoking if I don't want it. Nothing worse than a non-smoking bar, seriously.

So you're against this regulation, but are for seat belt laws? Regardless of the property owner?

If you are driving on your own property, no government should be able to tell you what to do.

Out in public, shit is fucking crazy. So many retards out there. The government want people to stay healthy and continue contributing to our economy. Ain't gonna be doing that while six feet under.

I agree and disagree. When I smoked I thought the bans were stupid, but since I made a baby and quit smoking, I'm glad to be in restaurants that are non-smoking... however, it really *should* be a matter of me voting with my dollars and just not patronizing an establishment that allows smoking if I don't want it. Nothing worse than a non-smoking bar, seriously.

Bingo!

If you are driving on your own property, no government should be able to tell you what to do.

Out in public, sh*t is f*cking crazy. So many retards out there. The government want people to stay healthy and continue contributing to our economy. Ain't gonna be doing that while six feet under.

So.....you'll have no issues when they impose bans on types of food as well? After all, it's to keep people healthy

Your car is your own property.

Are they really?

I know that even if you carry no mortgage on your home, you still never outright own it. You are still a "tenant" to the federal government. You still pay rent for the rest of the time that you own it, (taxes). Fail to pay, they take your property.
You only have control in whether to lease it out or to live in it, or to sell it. But, the fed gov can come in and tell you to get the fuggout, whenever they want.

But... not sure about other material possessions.

Last edited:

Out in public, shit is fucking crazy. So many retards out there. The government want people to stay healthy and continue contributing to our economy. Ain't gonna be doing that while six feet under.

Your property is never really your property, though...