China

FancyVest

Flaccid Member
Dec 9, 2008
Marklar
₥0
China is beginning to make it's presence known as a military power. There have been recent incidents with Chinese military ships harrassing US Navy ships in the South China Sea.
China considers Taiwan to be a part of the country, while the US supports it as an indepentant governemnt. There has been a stalemate over it, but I get the feeling that China will, in the next 5-10 years, attempt to restore Taiwan to Chinese rule, forcing the US to either take military action iin defense or sit quietly by and allow it to happen.
China also holds a substantial amount of the US foreign debt, funding most of the deficit incurred by the Bush administration

All this leads me to believe that when China starts to see signs of a global economic recover, they will drop the US T-bills as bad debt and refuse to finance any more of the debt, causing a massive collapse in the world wide economy larger than even the great depression. The end result will be that China will be the most stable economy, thereby making the Yuan the defacto currency of trade

china can't drop t-bills without suffering massive financial losses as the market drives down the price while they're still unloading them.

also, the united states is afaik the largest importer of chinese goods. shitting on your largest market will also greatly harm china.

as the saying goes: if you owe the bank 100k, the bank owns you. if you owe the bank 100 billion, you own the bank.

china can't drop t-bills without suffering massive financial losses as the market drives down the price while they're still unloading them.

also, the united states is afaik the largest importer of chinese goods. shitting on your largest market will also greatly harm china.

as the saying goes: if you owe the bank 100k, the bank owns you. if you owe the bank 100 billion, you own the bank.

China can afford to take the economic hit, because they aren't use to having a potent economy. Heck most of the population is rural. They are pretty much where the US was in the mid to late 1800's, economically.

Plus, the chinese have always been willing to take serious short term damage for long term gains. Remember, this is a culture that doesn't blink at the loss of millions of lives in battles. They can afford it

I love these sorts of discussions on the internet. I'm always surprised at who turns out to be an expert on something.

when we get desperate we'll nuke the shit out of everyone and the world will end anyways. so its not like we'll be alive to worry about going to walmarts with no goods on their shelves becuase they cant import from china.

when we get desperate we'll nuke the shit out of everyone and the world will end anyways. so its not like we'll be alive to worry about going to walmarts with no goods on their shelves becuase they cant import from china.
Whimper not bang. Economy will collapse. Over development of farmland and general ignorance of the populace will cause massive food shortages and spark riots. Panic will lead to the eventual breakdown of modern infrastructure, billions will die because of normal environmental effects that they dont know how to cope with...

All without nuclear weapons.

None of this has to do with Taiwan though. It's strategically unimportant anymore and on pretty good terms with the PRC. Also no other country can support the amount of debt we have with China. You cant just switch from US to Canada and so on. Cant drop the only people who have the ability to owe you that much money.

Last edited:
Oh, but we will talk to them and they will listen, especially to horse laugh hillary, she can take them a reset button.

China is beginning to make it's presence known as a military power.

Beginning to make itself known? It's been over fifty years since they sent one million screaming yeller bastards pouring across the Yalu River into Korea-- overrunning the UN forces and pushing the line all the way back to the 38th parallel. I'd say they've gotten one or more steps beyond "beginning." Christ, they've got atom bombs. I'm pretty sure having atom bombs puts them several steps beyond "beginning."

Beginning to make itself known? It's been over fifty years since they sent one million screaming yeller bastards pouring across the Yalu River into Korea-- overrunning the UN forces and pushing the line all the way back to the 38th parallel. I'd say they've gotten one or more steps beyond "beginning." Christ, they've got atom bombs. I'm pretty sure having atom bombs puts them several steps beyond "beginning."

I know :lol:

They didn't exactly flex the military muscle either...I mean they harassed an unarmed ship that takes sonar data. It's not like they sunk our battleship or something.