Cheese of the Union

Lets get back on topic. Do you think theac has ever seen Pandora naked?

For the uninformed, the interstate commerce clause is the loophole that allowed the federal government to become so powerful. The Constitution states that anything not specifically stated in the document is a matter for the States, therefore making the FDA, DEA, FBI, DOE, etc all illegal government agencies.

Obviously, the Feds couldn't have that. There is a small clause in the Constitution that says the federal government is responsible for managing interstate commerce. BAM! Anything that has to do with money between states is now in their power. Radio station in GA that reaches residents in another state, FCC. Meat packaged in WA going to TX, USDA. It basically gives them FULL control over everything that has to do with money.

And that is how we got Big Brother

fly said:
For the uninformed, the interstate commerce clause is the loophole that allowed the federal government to become so powerful. The Constitution states that anything not specifically stated in the document is a matter for the States, therefore making the FDA, DEA, FBI, DOE, etc all illegal government agencies.

Obviously, the Feds couldn't have that. There is a small clause in the Constitution that says the federal government is responsible for managing interstate commerce. BAM! Anything that has to do with money between states is now in their power. Radio station in GA that reaches residents in another state, FCC. Meat packaged in WA going to TX, USDA. It basically gives them FULL control over everything that has to do with money.

Politicians are evil. I wish they'd spend more time boinking interns and less time boinking the Constitiution.

fly said:

The interstate commerce clause is a necessary part of government. How else would you handle crimes committed over multiple state boundaries?

you need a :mike27: hat

smileynev said:
The interstate commerce clause is a necessary part of government. How else would you handle crimes committed over multiple state boundaries?

you need a :mike27: hat
Interstate commerce has nothing to do with crimes comitted in multiple states. However, to answer your question, I'd suggest that states work together to find the criminals. Ya know, kinda like they did for the DC sniper? :tard:

fly said:
Interstate commerce has nothing to do with crimes comitted in multiple states. However, to answer your question, I'd suggest that states work together to find the criminals. Ya know, kinda like they did for the DC sniper? :tard:

It has everything to do with crimes committed across state lines. They have the power to regulate and enforce such things.

I like the federal government. They have nice chairs.

smileynev said:
It has everything to do with crimes committed across state lines. They have the power to regulate and enforce such things.

I like the federal government. They have nice chairs.
So you don't find the interstate commerce clause to be exploitive and quite obviously against the Framer's idea of a new Union?