Car Trouble Contest

ERage

Giant Member
Nov 7, 2005
Marklar
₥10
OK, here's the rules. My car broke down last night on the way home from work. I am going to describe the symptoms that I experienced leading up to the point of failure and you are going to guess what went wrong. It is currently in the shop right now and I have not yet heard back from the mechanic as to the exact problem.

The first answer posted that matches the mechanic's diagnosis (when it becomes available) wins 10,000 marklar.

Feel free to ask other questions about the vechicle but post them here so everybody has the benefit of the additional info. Ready?

I drive a '96 Chevy S-10 2wd automatic Pickup. It currently has 71,000 miles on it and has had no major repairs since I bought it 4 years ago.

On my drive home last night I noticed a high pitched whining noise coming from the engine. As I stepped on the gas the whine got higher in pitch, as I approched idle it got deeper in pitch.

I noticed that the day burning lights went out sometime during the trip. Shortly therafter as the car was shifting it was shifting very hard...hard enough to shake the whole car and squeal the tires a bit. Moments later every ligth on the dashboard lit up and I lost all power and had to pull off the road into a Thai lady's alteration shop parking lot.

I proceeded to masterfully service the Thai lady in exchange for parking my car in her lot over night. She was satisfied like she had never been before and offered me some Thai tea to refresh myself after the long ordeal was done. I promptly punched her in the face and made my getaway as Blondie pulled in to pick me up.

So what went wrong with my car? What the hell are these spots on my dick?

KNYTE said:
10k marklar? I can finally get that namerape for elpmis I've had my eye on.

I'll give you a 5,000 bonus round in the bathroom of the olive garden if you like :hi2u:

April23 said:
Change the battery and the belt.

both good guesses

could also be a grounding problem as well...all the lights on the dash coming on can indicate that as the system searches for ground...could be a fried ecu too but that's not very usual

My car did a similar thing when the tranny went out. I'm betting the electrical part is something else going out. ru-oh.

BeeRad said:
The spots came from Sarcasmo, I can vouch for that one!

I didn't know Sarcasmo was a middle aged Thai woman that alters clothing for a living. That's hawt.

Whining, I think of slipping belts.

Bad shifting on an auto, I think funky trans.

Lights, electrical.

Three out of three could be a problem with the computer... You really dont give enough info. I'd check than thingie in the trans to see if there were metal bits in it, check the fan belts, and see that the diag reports an error. Alternator belt as well..

Last edited:
BeeRad said:
You may have an axle bearing or possible bearing in the differential that is starting to fail.

diff is a possibility too but those generally come on gradually...don't appear instantaneously as a show stopper