Buying a new car!

CletusJones

CUCKGBLR
Oct 15, 2004
Marklar
₥3,721
I'm buying an 87 Dodge Daytona that's located near Columbus, OH. I'll probably be picking the vehicle up somewhere around 12/17 or so and was wondering if there are any members in the area (or along the way) who'd like to meet up with myself and the GF for lunch/dinner/group sex/whatever.

Now about the car:
It's a steal at $400 with only 122k miles and a super straight body. It's actually never seen winter either, and the interior is in really great shape. The current owner is in the same truck club as I am and he's fanatical about maintenence and stuff so I'm not worried. The only real flaw is that the paint is peeling off of the nose, but that's covered with a bra so it'll be okay for a while.

It'll get a fair bit better mileage than my truck does and will hopefully make a great commuter vehicle for me to abuse this year, and then drop a turbo motor in over the summer. :heart: turbos :drool:

Here's a pic:
DSCN1985.JPG

More pics: http://omg-stfu.com/temp/87Daytona/

I also don't get why people sell cars for $400. :lol:

You could sell the parts to a scrap yard for 10 times that.

Bubbles said:
$400 is a steal? Looks like POS to me. :iono:
yep. i need something to drive so my truck can sit the winter out. this has been meticulously maintained and is reliable. Plus, my GF's cousin is a mechanic in the area and he checked it over. He gave it a clean bill of health and said it was in excellent shape.

CletusJones said:
yep. i need something to drive so my truck can sit the winter out. this has been meticulously maintained and is reliable. Plus, my GF's cousin is a mechanic in the area and he checked it over. He gave it a clean bill of health and said it was in excellent shape.

So why $400 then? Surely he could get more than that in the classifieds or on Ebay or something.

ChikkenNoodul said:
Ahhh, the typical late 80's Chrysler paint job

My father had an '88 New Yorker that lost the clearcoat off the entire roof and trunk within the first three years, the paint started to follow soon after
My 89 daytona was red... and after one winter in 97, the entire roof and hood faded to pink. It was pretty nasty looking.

I still loved that car. Drove it until 99 when it finally blew a head gasket.

Daytona's were built with a very timeless body design. Even at near 20 years old it still looks more curvy and aggressive than other cars from the late 80s.

Congratulations.

Sarcasmo said:
So why $400 then? Surely he could get more than that in the classifieds or on Ebay or something.
Sadly, that's on the higher side of what it's worth. If it was rusted or anything it would easily be a $200 car.

He'd previously listed it for $800 on ebay and didn't get one bid. I did the research and jumped on it.

speaking of buying new cars - I'm such a 'girl'. My check engine light came on so I paniced and started looking at cars. Spent all day Wednesday surfing the net trying to figure out what I wanted Audio, Bmw, Passat ...

then my ex boyfriend came to town and unplugged the battery which reset the faulty 'check engine' light and guess what? Now I don't need to buy a new car - Whew!! I just saved $40K let's go party!

gottoys? said:
speaking of buying new cars - I'm such a 'girl'. My check engine light came on so I paniced and started looking at cars. Spent all day Wednesday surfing the net trying to figure out what I wanted Audio, Bmw, Passat ...

then my ex boyfriend came to town and unplugged the battery which reset the faulty 'check engine' light and guess what? Now I don't need to buy a new car - Whew!! I just saved $40K let's go party!

Holy hell girls are stupid.

:lol:

Reminds me of that Bacardi commercial with "Veronica".

"Yeah! Veronica! You DO remember! You guys look hot!"

gottoys? said:

:lol: How do you know it was a "faulty" check engine light? What if it was something important? You just cleared the codes. You can take it to just about any auto parts store and they'll read the codes for free and clear them. That way you don't lose all your radio presets and stuff.

and what kind of car is an "Audio?"

CletusJones said:
:lol: How do you know it was a "faulty" check engine light? What if it was something important? You just cleared the codes. You can take it to just about any auto parts store and they'll read the codes for free and clear them. That way you don't lose all your radio presets and stuff.

and what kind of car is an "Audio?"

She meant audi