Buying a new car!

CletusJones said:
:lol: How do you know it was a "faulty" check engine light? What if it was something important? You just cleared the codes. You can take it to just about any auto parts store and they'll read the codes for free and clear them. That way you don't lose all your radio presets and stuff.

and what kind of car is an "Audio?"

I had a few guys at work that told me to unplug the battery - basically I didn't have a check engine light until I went to the car shop and got new brakes and an oil change. They tried to sell me $500 more dollars worth of services and I said 'no way'. So - really I suspected they touched something to cause this.

Any way if there is an issue I'm sure the light would come back on - right?

Dam! we need spell check in this place. Can't buy the car if I don't spell it correctly. Bubbles knew what I meant :twirls hair and giggles:

BTW CletusJones - that is an awesome deal on that car $400. Really what's the catch?

Worse case you could sell it for more then that to some high school student and make money.

gottoys? said:
BTW CletusJones - that is an awesome deal on that car $400. Really what's the catch?

Worse case you could sell it for more then that to some high school student and make money.

No doubt. You might even get a bj out of it.

gottoys? said:

AFAIK there is no catch. He's a die-hard Mopar guy who's glad the car is going to another Mopar guy.

Yep, I figure after plates and new shocks/struts/alignment I'll have something in good shape for under $700.

I'm still tossed up, a complete set (all 4) eibach springs for the car is only $220 and I can easily install them when the shocks/struts are out of the car anyway... Hmm.

Drool-Boy said:
Dunno yet. Another cruiser for sure.
Been looking at Triumphs, BMWs and Harleys.

Get the Triumph Rocket III. It's got a motor bigger than most small cars.

Altrnately, you could aim for a Road King if you want a little utility out of the bike.

CletusJones said:
AFAIK there is no catch. He's a die-hard Mopar guy who's glad the car is going to another Mopar guy.

Yep, I figure after plates and new shocks/struts/alignment I'll have something in good shape for under $700.

I'm still tossed up, a complete set (all 4) eibach springs for the car is only $220 and I can easily install them when the shocks/struts are out of the car anyway... Hmm.
I'm going to tell you the same thing I've told FlyNavy for the past 3 cars he bought...

You buy a $400 car, you get a $400 car

:fly:

zengirl said:
I'm going to tell you the same thing I've told FlyNavy for the past 3 cars he bought...

You buy a $400 car, you get a $400 car

:fly:
I know. I was just sayin, since it needs shocks/struts/alignment anyway, why not do springs while I was in there? Then I wouldn't have take all that crap apart again later should the springs need replacing.

Odds are that the springs won't happen anyway but I have to do the shocks/struts/alignment.

Last edited:
itburnswhenipee said:
Looks pretty sweet so long as you don't want to carry anything along with you. I guess you don't take long trips or run errands with the motorcycle? Or do you plan to add bags at some point?

Yeah Id have to add some saddle bags

CletusJones said:
yep. i need something to drive so my truck can sit the winter out. this has been meticulously maintained and is reliable. Plus, my GF's cousin is a mechanic in the area and he checked it over. He gave it a clean bill of health and said it was in excellent shape.
Find me a deal like this please. I'm trying to find a car for my little bro.