WTF Boys Disciplined By School For Playing Airsoft In Own Yard

I think he's younger than you are. I think at my school they stopped the spankings after I was in 6th grade. You had to go to the principle's office and got spanked by the janitor.
By the janitor? What? Was he the biggest dude in school or something, or was it just that all of the students were creeped out by him?

According to a statement from Larkspur Middle School Principal Matthew D. Delaney, the school decided to look into the incident after being advised by Virginia Beach Police “that a passing motorist had seen a child with a gun chasing another child in the street near a Larkspur bus stop.” The statement explains that several students claimed to have been hit by pellets as they walked to the bus stop, and because of this, “the school division has jurisdiction to take disciplinary actions against those students responsible for the disruption.”

Regardless, the school has no right to suspend the kids for this. It would be a violation of local code, which is a police matter iirc
Yeah but looks like this kid was on the ropes. This would be his 7th time being disciplined in 18 months. If they view city code violations as evidence of some sort of problem... Just like in real life you can get fired for being arrested while not at work like derrr.

Source: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BU9hzLjCUAAVdbC.jpg:large

I dont agree with their assessment of airsoft as a "firearm" because they arent firearms by any standard. Saying they are suspended for possesion of a firearm is tantamount to lying but I do think they should suspend little shits for being little shits no matter where they are.

None of what you said makes it ok for the school system to do anything.

You = facepalm
Do you get fired from your job when you get arrested for drunk driving? Fuck yes.

Do you get suspended from school for being a little twat and breaking city codes? Fuck yes.

According to a statement from Larkspur Middle School Principal Matthew D. Delaney, the school decided to look into the incident after being advised by Virginia Beach Police “that a passing motorist had seen a child with a gun chasing another child in the street near a Larkspur bus stop.” The statement explains that several students claimed to have been hit by pellets as they walked to the bus stop, and because of this, “the school division has jurisdiction to take disciplinary actions against those students responsible for the disruption.”
That still sounds pretty damned thin.

Do you get fired from your job when you get arrested for drunk driving? Fuck yes.

Do you get suspended from school for being a little twat and breaking city codes? Fuck yes.
Unless I'm a driver for some place, it should be discrimination for me to be fired over something that happens in my personal life. The same goes for school, there's no link between the two.

I've never heard of anyone getting fired for a DUI unless they were a driver or something.

Unless I'm a driver for some place, it should be discrimination for me to be fired over something that happens in my personal life. The same goes for school, there's no link between the two.
It's not and there isn't, welcome to reality. About half my last job was scouring facebook profiles and noting things in people's employment records.

i have to believe that part of the reason these kids are suspended is because the school feels children waiting at a school bus stop are their property....so if someone shoots said child, intentionally or unintentionally....it's like shooting a gun of any sort at a child in the school.

that, and the city code violations.

When you're at that level all bets are off though and standard employment rules don't apply.
Or when you are up for mandatory raise and they want to cut costs
Or when you decide to take a vacation at an inopportune time
Or any number of misc reasons when they need a reason to fire someone

The funny thing is you know damn well if the say the kids who were suspended had something happen to them while waiting for the bus the parents would 100% be saying is the school's responsibility