Black Friday

:confused:

I have seen enough NASCAR bashing on this forum that Knyte's post put me over the edge. I am not going to remain silent anymore.

Edit: If you are going to bash it you had better have your fact straights otherwise I will call you on it.
I've been to a NASCAR race. Trust me, the majority of people there are as the jokes describe.

Well on black friday I have decided to find a new job. My manager decided NOT to let me have lunch at all (not an option in this state), while I was working 9am-6.30pm. I told her I was going to call the labor board. This is after repeatedly delaying my paychecks over a week and not letting me take 15 min breaks every 4 hours (state law).

Crowning touch, she wanted me to come in next friday, I said I have to check lemme call. Oh, I cant use the workplace phone for "personal calls", and oh I cant give you an answer when my shift is done. So I walk across 4 lanes of traffic to use the payphone at the gas station across the street, and damn I have to be somewhere halfway through my shift. I go back and say thing, "Oh no problem you can work 10am-12.30pm then o_O Wtf? Seriously. Im going to drive 30 minutes each way to work 2.5? Bitch please.

I've been to a NASCAR race. Trust me, the majority of people there are as the jokes describe.

I don't where you saw a race (I'm assuming TMS (Texas Motor Speedway)) or when but the face of the average NASCAR fan has changed greatly in the last 15 years. Too many of the modern "fans" know nothing of the sport or it's history. Most modern fans only care about their driver and not the actual race itself.

Just like the stick and ball sports it very hard for the average fan to attend races today. Between high weekend ticket package prices and rip off hotel gouging only the corporate fans attend in large numbers.

I don't where you saw a race (I'm assuming TMS (Texas Motor Speedway)) or when but the face of the average NASCAR fan has changed greatly in the last 15 years. Too many of the modern "fans" know nothing of the sport or it's history. Most modern fans only care about their driver and not the actual race itself.

Just like the stick and ball sports it very hard for the average fan to attend races today. Between high weekend ticket package prices and rip off hotel gouging only the corporate fans attend in large numbers.
I'm not certain I agree when I saw the field of RVs with people that I'm sure weren't from large corporations. I'm not talking about inside the track either. This was outside.

I agree that the fans I talk about seem to only care about the driver, but I'd say that the number of those fans now outnumbers the fans of the type you are.