BigDov Blog Thread

fly said:
You suck at story telling. :(

It's just a stupid story about my asswipe nieces and nephews.......

December 21st- last day of work for 11 days.... TONS to do. My boss and I basically spent the whole day together, he instructing me in what I have to learn, get done by the end of this month, etc, now that he's moving on to another job. Yes, I'm pretty bummed about it. Leave work, head to the used dvd store to pick up a movie for the kids, head over to Kat's grandparent's house to welcome the first of the incoming throng of people. And spy an eMachines computer in their playroom in the proces..... .but more on that later.

December 22nd- up and at 'em early. When people are in town, there's always a ton of food getting doled out at the grandparent's place, too many bodies in a small house and just a general overwhelming sense of supreme laziness. We decided that instead of all that nonsense, we were going to go see Santa at the downtown Meier and Frank since 2005 was the last year that his fine jolly elf-self would be there. Ya still with me? This is where it starts getting good....... remember back if you can, to 11 days ago. What was it doing? Oh yeah POURING BUCKETS OF RAIN! We call one of Kat's aunts, ask if she wants to go, she and her two daughters, one of their husbands and 7 month old baby meet us up by the Stafford Costco. The first thing that should have sent alarms blaring, traffic. Yes sirree bob, traffic. You'd have thought we would have been able to get half a clue when it took us a bit over an hour to get to downtown. OOOOH NO, we're gonna go see Santa. Then it's fight the traffic to find a place to park semi-close to the M&F building. OH WHAT FUN! We found a place, we pulled in, Kat's aunt was right behind us, they park, I go up to the attendants booth and tell them I'm parking two vehicles. "Oookey seer, I be riyut weeth you" Samir the parking attendant was not only Samir the foreigner, he was Samir the stupid. He's standing in the torrential downpour, directing people here and there, seemingly forgetting about me. I go sit in their booth and wait- by this time, I'm soaked. Literally man, soaked. He comes back after a few minutes, and I tell him again that I've got two vehicles to park. "Weee're fool now, so-ree" ?????? "No, you told me you had room to park them both a couple minutes ago, you find me a place to park them." My demand is met with the dull stare of an incompetent. "You see cars come eeen and out, yes? Weee're fool!" I stand up off of the stool I'd been dripping on... "NO, you're going to park those cars, turn someone else away, I'm already blocked in back there." He tries to look over my shoulder... "Oooh, oo-ookay" If it weren't for giving everybody a chance.... I dunno man. He was an idiot. After another 15 minute ordeal, vehicles are parked, we're unloading and all getting soaked as we start our 2 block journey to the M&F building. Get in, shake off, and see where Santa-land is located- 10th floor. GREAT. We pack like sardines in a tin can into the elevator and off we go. The dinger dings, the elevator shudders to a halt, the door slowly opens and HOLY CRAP WOULD YA LOOK AT THE LINE! Winding back and forth and snaking around to another corner of the floor..... screaming kids, impatient parents, stale air, I'm definitely in my element now :puke: We're all beginning to wonder if this was the right thing to do. Oh yeah, and we find out that there's a good hour and a half wait to see Santa. Not sure if I can do it. The next two hours (yes two hours, not an hour and a half) were thankfully numbing, and most of it has just blended into a painful blur. Oh, I did get to go meet my coworker Brian's wife at the Pioneer Place food court and drop off a dvd player to her, so that kinda broke the monotony. And allowed for me to get drenched again. Anyway, we finally get to see the jolly fool, and it's just fine and dandy then. We pack up and get outta dodge. Then back to the grandparent's house where there's screaming kids, impatient parents, stale air.... I think you know the rest.

I have to break for a bit of back story here- Kat's cousin Larry. Not to be confused with the funny cousin Larry from that tard 80's show with Balkie. This cousin Larry is a real piece of work. Recovered alcoholic, full-time student at age 46, married, two teenage girls, lives in a trailer park in Salem. I could go on, but I think that's enough. Anyway, I built a computer a couple years ago for cousin Larry's mom, Aunt Darlene. I've always updated it, maintained it, etc. because it's never been that big of a deal for me to do so. I found out a couple weeks before this, that he was over there trying to do something (I have a feeling it was download gay barnyard pr0n) and "broke" her computer. Rather than calling me (and admitting his own idiocy) he convinces her to buy a whole new computer and trashes the old one. I asked what was wrong with it, and he said that it was asking for the boot disk and he didn't have it. I just shook my head at him and smiled. Then I found out that HE's in the market for a new computer because he got a virus. I asked him if he had anti-virus software or a firewall for his computer- "the girls are always going to sites with viruses." I almost slapped him silly. So now he's buying a mac so won't have to worry about viruses anymore, it only costs $600 and since he's a full-time student he get's it all back on his taxes next year. I'm still confused how two full-time-student parents can support two kids, pay for a new car and buy a computer..........

Kat's Aunt Saundra had bought and brought the eMachine with her, to set up at the grandparent's place so they can take care of bills, print any sort of medical forms, etc. She wanted to know if I could install some things for her and get it set up. Of course I said no problem. That in and of itself ended up being a real adventure- 5 partitions on the hard drive, two of them were linux partitions, one had a Japanese install of XP Pro, and it was supposed to have XP Home on it. Oh the fun I had. But wait, I'm forgetting the important part here- cousin Larry! He saw the computer and started drooling over it. "I can't wait to play some games on that!" "Wow, that's nice!" etc. Over an eMachine that cost $300. I was confused. So, my first suggestion to Aunt Saundra was that I wipe the hard drive, install everything it needed, and set it up with a tough password so Larry couldn't screw it up. I think this was the right thing to do given the brief history I've shared with you, wasn't it? Well, it gets better. Saundra told him it wasn't for everybody to just sit around and use and install crap on, this was for taking care of the grandparents business- of course that pissed him off. "I don't care where you put it, I'll get on it and do whatever I want to." was his reply. We ate dinner, left and I started in on the eMachine late into the night.

December 23rd- Having spent many an hour on the eMachine of Doom, I finally decided to wipe the hard drive and start over. I think I mentioned before, there were 5 partitions on it, still not entirely sure why, but there were. I got it done, packed it up and ready to take back to gma and gpa's place. Kat's brother and his family were coming over "sometime before noon" so they could do a little shopping. What I didn't know is that I was getting elected to stay home with all of the kids...... that was nice. You have to understand something else here- Diana is an absolute dawdler when it comes to doing anything in a hurry. Getting ready in the morning- 3 hours. Getting ready for bed- 2 hours. Shopping- 3 hours. A quick trip down the road to Fred Meyer's for a couple small items and lunch for the kids ended up taking 3 hours. Of course this was more than enough time for me to get fairly angry at being bamboozled into watching the kids at all. And of course, we still had other stuff to do that day.... which was now going to be almost 3 hours late in the doing. I was most displeased.

They finally got back, fed the kids, and it was a mad scramble to get the kids ready and out the door. Kassie and Rebekeh had gymnastics and their cousin Savannah wanted to go with them and watch. Of course, Jocelyn hadn't had a nap yet, so I stayed behind to make sure she got one. Put her down and just sat playing xbox games for a while. I needed some chill time and I got it right there. Naturally, the plan was to go down to grandma and grandpa's place after gymnastics was over, so once J was up, I headed out the door to go watch the kids at gymnastics. That was kind of fun, mostly because I dont' get too watch very often. Of course what was more fun than that was watching my niece and nephew try to do ANYTHING remotely physical and fail. Forward roll, nope. Climb a rope, no way. And then the unintelligible babble of Andrew as he gets frustrated "I DO WAN DAT DOO" which translated by his (drug-laden?) mommy meant "I go on that too". BUT OF COURSE IT DID! Luckily, they had a play area set up for the little kids, aged 1-3, where Andrew, aged 5, fit right in. Gotta love the product of hands-off parenting.....

Another quick aside- Tracy and Diana go to some new-age freako wackjob doctor that tells them it's demeaning to correct their children when they talk in babble, it's wrong to tell them no, and it's very wrong to have kicked the children out of their bed before age 5. You catch all that? So what that means is, Savannah was still sleeping in their bed until Andrew was born.... but oh wait a minute! How was dear little Andrew conceived you might find yourself asking....... they got Savannah to sleep in her bed ONE NIGHT and "it" happened. True story. Hand to God.

So anyway, the kids are running around playing, having a good time, Andrew screaming and running around not listening to anyone. I know now what I need to do- video tape him in the middle of one of his fits of bliss just so it can be seen what this child looks like and how he acts. If you didn't know any better, you might think he had some issues. Of course, we're always told that they're "getting better" but I'll be stuffed if I've ever seen proof of that. He ended up throwing a fit when it was time to go: Kat's mom and I were going grocery shopping for Monday, I had J with me, and it ended up they sent him with us. I bit my tongue and trooped on. Meanwhile, he's spazzing out because he doesn't want to stop playing "I DON FON DET! I DON FON DET!" which meant "I not done yet!" It's just sad. We managed to settle him down and got outta there.

Pretty uneventful after that- dinner, lots of bodies in gma & gpa's house, 80+ degrees inside and grandma was wearing earmuffs and taking her false teeth out in front of everybody, it really was all I could ask for.

Christmas Eve coming your way soon.........

December 24th- Aaaaah yes. This is the BIG day with Kat's side of the family. Little did any of us know, this was gonna be a real barn-burner.

Arrangements were made for a big breakfast on Saturday morning, sometime around 9. We got over to Don and Kay's about 8:30 and of course Tracy and Diana weren't ready yet. Hung out for a few minutes, let the kids play and decided that we couldn't wait for Diana. So, we loaded the kids back up and left them there. Get to gma & gpa's, and there's only a few people there. Cousin Larry among them. He of course, arrived right at nine and was instantly offended by the fact that there wasn't any breakfast made yet. Whiner. It pretty much gets split up like this- guys into the back room to watch football, gals cooking and watching the kids. Of course Larry is asking about the computer and if we're going to hook it up, to which I simply reply "no" and go about my business. As luck would have it, breakfast is getting close to done, and one of the various gals comes into the back room to say "kids can have breakfast now", and of course, Larry jumps up and heads to the kitchen. If there's food being served, he's gotta be first in line. When he's done, its time for dessert, doesn't matter if anyone else is still eating or not. He comes back in a couple minutes, no plate in hand, red in the face "They're only feeding the kids! How come they're feeding the kids!? I'm the oldest grandkid, why can't I eat??" I choke down a laugh and just shake my head. What a dolt. After the kids are fed, he pouts his way back to the kitchen to eat. DISASTER AVERTED!

As luck would have it, Larry's a Seahawks fan. As luck would have it, so is grandpa and Uncle Dan. As luck would have it, the Seahawks were playing that day. Immediately after lunch, Larry starts asking when we're going to eat and open presents. He's told 'sometime around 1 or 2'. He goes off. "Well that's not right! We're going to miss part of the game! Grandpa wanted to watch the game! We can't do that, people want to watch the game!" and on and on he goes. It was ridiculous. He's the kind of person that once he starts on a tangent, he doesn't stop. So, true to their form, the aunts decided to give in to him and change the time we were eating to after the game. He just laughs at them like they were kidding. Pretty uneventful day until his wife calls.....

Nicki calls Larry. Larry talks to Nicki. A Nicki says what? Larry lies. Lie Larry Lie. I had the great pleasure to witness firsthand what follows. *ring*ring* "Hello? Oh hey, yeah I'm not sure what time we're eating, lemme check." *covers mouthpiece* "What time are we eating?" Aunt Saundra, who'd had her fill of Larry's garbage at this point answers, "Larry, you told us you didn't want to miss any of the game to eat or open presents, so we're waiting until after the game now. This was your idea." "Wait a minute, no it wasn't" with a baffled look on his face of course. "Larry, you said you didn't want to miss the game, so we moved the time to later on so you can watch, deal with it." More blank looks from Larry. "Weeell, I don't know what's going on over here- they're saying I said something but I didn't say it so now we're eating later." Saundra's eyes go wide. "Larry, this is what YOU wanted, you got it, so don't try to push this off on us!" Larry gives her the sob story "We're going to *somewhere in eastern Oregon* and now it's going to be so late we can't leave tonight." "Again, you asked for the time to change, it changed." His mistake then, "Whatever." And he goes stomping off. I of course am just in hysterics through the whole thing..... classic Larry. He's an idiot. Of course, Saundra's just furious, and as luck would have it, Larry's mom, Aunt Darlene walks in right then....... she could tell Saundra was mad, asked her why, and she got an earful. Then she was pissed. She started to go back to chew Larry a new one, but we told her not to, Saundra had it handled. She was so mad she went out side for a walk for about half an hour. It was awesome.

Larry's wife gets there and asks me what's going on. So I told her, "Larry wanted to eat later so he could watch the game, his aunts got tired of his crap, so now we're eating later." Her eyes bugged at me... "Are you serious? Did he really say that?" "Yup he did." Oooh it was awesome. A houseful of angry pissy women, and it wasn't even 1 o'clock yet :)

I'll have to conclude Christmas Eve in a while.

December 24th continued.......

As Larry sullenly watched the game, everyone else either showed up or started grumbling about wanting to eat. It was then Aunt Darlene's great pleasure to tell everybody that it was her son that was causing everyone to have to wait so much longer for food. And I think every time she got to say it, the more she enjoyed it- it was awesome. The rest of the day was pretty uneventful until present time.

Everyone packed into the play room and it was time to open stuff. The kids were all on the floor waiting, the adults were crammed onto the couches, folding chairs and anywhere else they could squeeze in and I was close to hyperventilating from my own hysteria at being so close to everyone else. Uncle Dan was presiding over the passing out of gifts. Of course, Savannah and Andrew were right in the thick of it- "Can I have one next?!" "DEN ID MY DOON?" (When it my turn, natch) and the like. My kids, thankfully, just sitting there patiently and being good. We did ask for a present for Jocelyn since she is 2 and can still get a little impatient every now and again. Of course that only opened the floodgates for the half-tards; "How come her gets one? That's not fair her gets one before we." (from the 7 year old) "DI DOOONN!! DEN DI DOOOONN!!" (MY TURN! WHEN MY TURN!) Yeah it was great. All we kept hearing was "Savannah, get out of the presents." "Andrew, get out of the presents." over and over again. Really hands-off type of parents man.... I hate it. The clincher for me was when Andrew just stood up, turned around and jumped on Robert's leg. Naturally, Robert's got some sort of hip trauma lately and it made him turn red and see stars. You think the parents said anything about it? NO. Kat's mom picked him up as tears ran down her face. "No no Andrew that's not nice." I honestly don't know how Robert kept from knocking him across the room. I told her that he needs to understand that what he did was wrong and it's not okay to just go jumping on people. More tears, "I'll handle it" Yeeeaaaah fine. Of course Tracy and Diana had their dull vapid stares in full effect, and obviously couldn't have cared if the place was burning down around their ears. LOVED IT.

Grandpa fell asleep in his recliner, and Grandma kept taking her teeth out and putting them back, all while asking who's kids were running around, who got her this gift, etc, in a repetitive cycle every couple minutes. LOONYBIN! LOOONYBIN!!!

If you can believe it, Christmas was almost as fun :) Just wait.

December 25th- Yes, the day was finally here. Kat and I had filled the stockings up for the kids the night before, so we were all set for the morning. Anyway, we all got up, gathered 'round as the kids opened up their stockings, took pictures, you know, basically enjoyed the fact that the kids were just having fun being kids. We ate breakfast after that, then went and opened up the other presents. It was all really fun and casual.

Got done, got the kids dressed and headed out to my mom and dad's place for the festivities with them and Dawn's family. Now normally, I'd have to consider this additional day to be one of the more enjoyables ones. I'll tell you man, I was clueless about what I was in for that day.

We get out there about noon, and I start helping mom get the prime rib ready to cook, knowing that Dawn and her family would be at least half an hour late- they always are. Well, weren't we all surprised when they walked in HALF AN HOUR EARLY! I almost fainted and fell over into a dish of spicy beef rub. A quick recovery, hugs, greetings passed around, we decided we better let the kids get to opening something. Mom and dad always have stockings for the kids out there, so we let them start with that.

QUICK BREAK- Matt, Dawn's husband, makes a fairly substantial amount of money. I'd say at least 4 to 5 times more than me, which would put him around 200 to 250,000 per year. They're pretty much not wanting for anything. Neither are their kids. Now think back to when we were growing up.... if we wanted something, we were always grateful when we got it, and shock of shocks, sometimes we didn't always get what we wanted, right? Well, they've gone and done their kids the fine disservice of getting them pretty much everything they've always wanted. This year, Evan (their oldest, aged 7) wanted a Gameboy DS "mobile video gaming device" in his words. And naturally he got it......

All of the kids are happily opening their stockings, having fun, except for Evan. He just tears through his, throws everything aside and goes back to the couch where he's head down with his Gameboy. I look at Kat and just shake my head. We were going to get Rebekah a Gameboy this year, but passed on it for now, mainly because we didn't want her to be playing the silly thing all the time. So we just took note of what he was doing and how Dawn and Matt reacted. Then it was on to presents; all the kids sat down on the floor and waited for mom and dad to start doling out presents. We didn't even have to ask for something for J first because she was preoccupied with something from her stocking. All was going well until

ANOTHER QUICK BREAK- Dawn had asked us to get Even very specific gifts that he supposedly wanted. Keep that in mind.

it was time for Evan to open a present from mom and dad. They always ALWAYS get all of the grandkids some clothes at Christmas. ALWAYS. This was no different. Well, Evan's first present from mom and dad was some clothes. He opened them up, looked at them, threw them aside and went back to his Gameboy. I was thinking maybe Dawn and Matt would at least exchange a glance or two, but no, nothing. Oookay. All of the other kids were having fun and enjoying everything they got, clothes, toys or otherwise- it's Christmas, right? They were having a blast. Jocelyn was running around with a bow on her head trying on the other kids' clothes, Ryan (Dawn and Matt's youngest) was chasing her and playing with a couple small toys, it was fun. Well, then it came to Evan's turn again. More clothes. He opened it up, and you could just SEE how disappointing it was for him. Well, he even let us know. "CLOTHES??????! OH man!" and he went stomping off to the Gameboy again. Amazing. His mom and dad didn't say anything. My mom and dad didn't say anything. Ooookay. More presents, more fun, we're all having a good time except for Evan. It got around to him again, and he got one of the presents Dawn specifically asked us to get him, because he was "really excited about it". LOAD. OF. CRAP.

He picked it up, and his eyes lit up; "This looks like the size of a Gameboy game!!!" He was just about pissing himself. Then he opened it- and it wasn't. He scowled, tore the rest of the paper off, threw it down "Aaw, it's a stupid card game!" I looked at Dawn, I looked at Matt, I looked in the mirror and noticed I was turning red. He stomped off to the Gameboy again, this time they had the common sense to tell him he couldn't play it until we were done with presents. No apology, no nothing. Nice :) More presents for everyone else, more fun, then his turn again. His other present from us that he supposedly wanted. He opened it up. "Ooooh man, I already have this!!" and he starts crying and throwing a fit. Seriously. I wasn't going to wait for his parents to say anything about it this time either. "Evan, instead of getting so mad and ruining everyone's day, put it to the side, take it to the store and get something you really want. Quit screaming and sit down." That went over well with Dawn and Matt. Oh well. Of course that wasn't the end of it- everything from there went downhill for him, and it just made me angrier and angrier. My take on Dawn's kids and Tracy's kids is that they're probably really good kids- I blame the parents for their faults and bad behaviors. Needless to say, they finally said something to him about it, but it was too late at that point- the Gameboy should have been put away and he should have been put to bed or something. It was ridiculous. Dawn talked to Kat and I after that, "Gosh, I must have forgotten that you guys were going to get that for him. I'm sorry." Riiiight. I casually insinuated that maybe her son should be the one saying sorry for his crappy attitude.

I'm pretty sure that there wasn't a whole lot else happening that day except eating prime rib :DROOL: and sitting around chit-chatting.

Dawn and Matt packed up and left about 6:00, we were still there with mom and dad for a while. I told them thanks for the great day, but next time one of their grandkids decides to act like a hellion, they better step in and put a stop to it if the parents weren't going to, my kids included. I was shocked when they agreed with me LOL

Went home, wallowed in the glory of a full prime rib tummy and went to bed.

ONE MORE CHRISTMAS TO GO!

December 26th- the day after Christmas Christmas. The in-famous Christmas #4. This was the one with Kat's parents, her brother and his family. I still swear his wife is on drugs.

We were told that festivities were going to begin around 10 or 11 that morning, mainly because we couldn't impress upon Diana to get ready any faster. I had to head over to their place early as it was anyway, since I was in charge of cooking up a prime rib. Yes. 2 days, 2 prime ribs. I'm sure my colon thanks me profoundly. Anyway, we show up around 9:30, the kids are in pajamas, Diana's still got her hair in a towel and Tracy hasn't even showered yet. I was sure we weren't going to do anything before 3 at that point.... our kids sat down and opened their stockings, of course Savannah and Andrew were right in the middle of it, trying to help, trying to play with the toys my kids got. No, their parents weren't anywhere to be found then- hehehe why would they be anyway? Uncle Donovan and Aunt Katrina were there to take care of them. Riiiiiight.

Got through that mini-ordeal without too much trauma, then Tracy and Diana announce that they're going to go to the outlet mall and do some shopping..... ooookay. So of course, that leaves us to watch their kids again. This after the day I got to spend hours with them, and the statement that they better watch their own kids from that point on. Luckily, Kat's mom was still there, otherwise, I probably would have put the kids in the attic. Well, not really, I was busy getting the meat ready and everything else for lunch/dinner. Naturally, they were gone for about 3 hours, so we were well into the afternoon by the time they got back..... and naturally, I was frowned upon for getting pissed at the imposition they were putting on the rest of us. Tough to plan a prime rib dinner when you don't have a clue as to when to start cooking it. I was pissed.

Threw the meat in the oven and sat down to presents. As per the norm, Savannah and Andrew were running all over the place, grabbing presents from under the tree, and generally just being obnoxious. And as per the norm, Diana had that glazed, vapid look on her face and Tracy was ignoring them. I was doing my best to keep my cool, so I just sat in a ball on the couch and rocked myself back and forth for a while. Again, I'm not saying my kids are perfect, but I'm amazed at how good they are in comparison to my niece and nephew. WOW. "DEN DY FOON? DEN DY FOON?" (When my turn? 'natch) "I WANNA OPEN PRESENTS! WHERE'S MY PRESENTS?" And of course, they have to yell at the top of their lungs. I finally had it- fingers in the mouth, blow hard, and I let fly an ear-piercing whistle. That got some attention :) I suggested that maybe we could all get to presents sooner if everyone would sit down, be good and be quiet :) I'm soooo smooth. Everything was going so-so, Andrew was tard-babbling over every toy he got, Savannah was showing off every time she opened a present, and my kids by comparison, looked like I had spiked their cereal with downers. Everything was going so-so that is, until Savannah got her chair. It wasn't anything special, just a folding chair that had the Disney princesses on it. Kassie saw the box and said that it looked like it might be a tent. Whooops! "YOU BE QUIET KASSIE!! YOU RUIN MY SURPRISE! I NOT HAVE A SURPRISE ANYMORE!!!" was Savannah's reply to her. I looked at Tracy and Diana to see what they were going to do. I'm sure you won't be too surprised by now if I said NOTHING. Diana had that glazed, vapid look on her face, and Tracy was ignoring them. See the pattern? I told her that what she said was awfully rude, even if Kassie said something about her present. Kassie apologized (didn't even ask her to) but Savannah just kept chugging on. She opened it, saw it was a chair, and started giggling. She does this really annoying high pitched squeal half-tard giggle thing that drives me crazy- so I got up to check the meat.

I come back and sit down in time to hear Andrew saying "I DON (long O sound there) DI YOU." to Kat, which was, "I don't like you." She didn't hear him, so he said it a couple more times until she did. Then she heard him. She asked him what he said; "I HA YOU", which was to say, "I HATE YOU" WOOOOO. Bad bad bad. Kat stood him up, marched him to Don and Kay's bedroom and shut the door. Do you think his parents noticed....... ? Yeah, no. It got around to Andrew's turn to open a present again, and nobody knew where he was. Tracy's asking, "where's Andrew?", Diana's glazed, vapid look changes to one of dull, vapid concern. "I put Andrew in mom's room because he just told me he hated me." Tracy asked why, Kat said it came out of nowhere, and Diana's eyes got a little more glazed. She was in another world. Seriously man, drugs. So much to my surprise, Tracy left him in there for a few minutes, by the end of which Andrew was in near hysterics- which is just awesome to watch in and of itself. He's got issues. When he gets angry, he starts scratching himself all over the place, to the point sometimes that he's drawn blood. I don't know what Tracy said to him, but after hearing a good sound swat on the butt, I was semi-satisfied that he wouldn't be saying anything to Kat again. Andrew came out, gave Kat a hug and sat down. Twitching. Breath hitching. Scratching. The things I wish I had a movie camera for....... seriously.

Not too much drama after that really, but honestly, there wouldn't have been much to compare to Andrew hating on Kat.... got through presents, ate too much dinner and took it easy the rest of the night. The kids watched movies, we played domino's and drank liquored up coffee and had a grand time.

So endeth Christmas #4, and my whining.

There were other days in my vacation, yes most definitely, but by comparison, they were just boring and dull. I think I lost part of my soul that week......