best movie I've seen in a long time

theacoustician said:
Stupid movie making me think! Damn them!

Well, to be fair, just because it is subtitled does not mean it is a thinking movie. :)

Quite a few foreign movies I've liked I simply liked for the more dramatic combination of everything. Realism is much less of a focus for many other cinema's than it is for us. (This goes for everything from the action to the comedy.) (Granted, I finally picked up Roman Holiday. Watching older movies is a lot like watching foreign movies now.)

Fat Burger said:
Then trying to talk you into seeing this movie would be like desperately using a defibriliator on someone and then looking up to realize they've been decapitated.
It's not my fault, blame the hippies I live with :(

taeric said:
Chalk one up for stereotypes. :)

Actually, I've found that most Asian movies revolve around incredibly tragic endings. I've seen quite a few where pretty much everyone dies.
Musa the Warrior. Badass film, but pretty depressing ending.

I watched Dragonhead the other night. Horrible, horrible Japanese movie about a volcano wiping out their country. Sounds interesting, I know, but trust me. It wasn't.

Sarcasmo said:
Do you enjoy foreign films? I love them. Reading subtitles doesn't bother me, but some people have a problem with those sorts of movies.

I have enjoyed many forigen films, but in my experience the only asin one I have ever enjoyed was the Pillow Book. I don't mind reading subtitles at all since I read quite quickly.

Bubbles said:
I have enjoyed many forigen films, but in my experience the only asin one I have ever enjoyed was the Pillow Book. I don't mind reading subtitles at all since I read quite quickly.

there is an english dub that is done very well so you don't even need the subtitles

Also, speaking of foreign movies, what was the story on this one. I seem to recall theac saying he heard good things about it.

Foreign movies are o.k., but I have a problem with most of them, being that they never have my favorite actor, and that would be Christopher Walken

theacoustician said:
Howl's Moving Castle is "Spring 2006" (fuck you Disney)
Final Fantasy: Advent Children is "end of November" (fuck you Square)

Have you watched Advent Children yet? I'm not going to claim it was a good movie, but damn. :hi2u: