Ontopic Best concert you've been to?

Every concert I've been to, they (security guards) won't accept a stub to let you back in, and most of the concerts wouldn't let you back in no matter what. If they did allow you to leave, they'd mark your hand with a marker/stamp or give you a wristband. Stubs were meaningless other than to fans who wanted it as a keepsake. *shrugs*

That's what we were always told when I did security. *dunno* It's probably something to do with the venue. A lot of places just take the whole ticket and give you a wristband.

Man this is tough. I guess it would be Devildriver back in 2004 ish? At a local club about 20mins from here. Maybe 50 people showed up. I knew most of their songs. Real cool to be up close and personal with the band. So loud. They burned up an amp or two (smelled burning electronics). Met the band afterwards. I remember this fan came up to Dez telling him he was a manager of a pizza shop and was welcome to come by for some free pizza and smoke some bud. Good times. I loved every Tool concert I've been to (seen them 6 times I think), twice with Meshuggah. Tool puts on a great all around concert with visual effects. If I did drugs, their shows would be the place to smoke it up.

I've lost count of how many concerts I've been to (venture a guess of 60+ easily). I 2nd eileen's comments about ticket stubs. I have most of mine, though I lost my Ozzfest 1998 ticket (was my first concert I went to). Some concerts, the security guards took the entire ticket. I've always wondered why.

That blows. I've been to concerts where they just gave you wrist bands. I saved those and labeled them if they weren't labeled. I have a crazy. The real weird thing is that my scrapbook that has concert tickets in it also has death notices and prayer cards and nothing else. It's my death and concert scrapbook. By strange coincidence my cousin does the same thing for some reason. We only discovered we have the same odd collection years after we each started it.

There was this one pretty spectacular concert I went to. Blues Traveler on Red Rocks for July 4th. Think it was like 96, maybe 97. John Popper was still fat back then. Anyway, Red Rocks is situation in the foothills of Denver, facing east, so you get this awesome panoramic view of the entire front range.

So, band is playing it gets dark.. It's Blues Traveler so, well, certain things are being ingested and such. Then you start to see all the fireworks shows going off across Denver. Like 30 of them. It was pretty fantastic.

The band realized that no one was paying attention to them, so they dimmed all the lights onstage, save 1 colored accent light for each band member, and did this hour long instrumental only jam while people tripped out to the most awesome fireworks show ever.

The final fireworks show to go off was at Bandamere Speedway, which is just on the other side of a hogsback ridge across from Red Rocks, so we have these fireworks exploding pretty much at eye level or below right in front of us. When it was over, the resulting explosion from the crowd at the excellence of the experience was deafening.

It was probably the most awesome experience at a concert ever.

Second most awesome, we were at Raggae Sunsplash. It was being held on the slopes of Keystone that summer. The entire first part of the day was just cloudy. The third band to come on stage started off going 'We need some positive energy here, people" in a heavy jamaican accent. Basically goading the crowd into willing the sun to come out.

Sound completely fake, but it's not. Just above the stage, a small hole opened in the cloud.

as their set continued, it got bigger.

By the time they were done, the hole had opened up over all of the Keystone area. We were completely surrounded by clouds, but above us, nothing but sunshine. It stayed that way for the rest of the show. The hole, and the clouds, were still there as we packed up to leave that night.

right, but ghb is the most infamous roofie.

alchohol is considered a roofie too. pretty sure people know they're getting drunk
ghb is not used as a roofie... it tastes HORRIBLE. unpossible to not know it is in your drink.