GAY Beck + Palin = Sitting All Over America's Honor.

Maybe the standards to which we hold "public figures" are completely irrational.

Unless you're talking about Dan Quayle.

Maybe the standards to which we hold "public figures" are completely irrational.

Unless you're talking about Dan Quayle.

they should be better and smarter than us. gee dubya did a horrible thing by bringing the presidency down to the level of the common man. absolute travesty. I don't want joe 6 pack in office. I want the smartest person in the country.

they should be better and smarter than us. gee dubya did a horrible thing by bringing the presidency down to the level of the common man. absolute travesty. I don't want joe 6 pack in office. I want the smartest person in the country.

The smartest person in the country can con you out of your vote AND your money. You got him.

I have absoultely nothing to contribute to this discussion. Just thought you might like to know.

I believe they are way to low..

They're fucking people. jesus you guys.

"A government of the people, by the people, and for the people."

They're fucking people. jesus you guys.

"A government of the people, by the people, and for the people."

So? They need to make decisions that change the lives of millions and millions of people all around the world.

And fuck that primitive shit from hundreds of years ago.. that shit means nothing now..

Look at the things we crucify them for, though. You can find articles in major newspapers on an almost daily basis villifying them for something as simple as misspeaking or making a typographical error on Twitter. I think our standards are ridiculous.

So they should be... If they can fuck that up, faith in their ability not to fuck up other things no matter what they are is diminished..

So they should be... If they can f*ck that up, faith in their ability not to f*ck up other things no matter what they are is diminished..

Not at all. Speaking occurs instantaneously. There is no taking back something if you mispronounce it, or state it incorrectly in a speech. What is heard cannot be unheard. 98% of the truly important aspects of leadership, however, occur in measured process behind closed doors. Making policy involves paperwork, editing, revising, re-editing, re-revising, and then editing and revising again.

Even now, on this message board, it's easy to not screw up something you say. You can simply hit the backspace key and retype it. Take away your ability to do so and see how stupid you seem, by your own standards. Obviously you aren't stupid, you simply make mistakes.

Last edited:
Not at all. Speaking occurs instantaneously. There is no taking back something if you mispronounce it, or state it incorrectly in a speech. What is heard cannot be unheard. 98% of the truly important aspects of leadership, however, occur in measured process behind closed doors. Making policy involves paperwork, editing, revising, re-editing, re-revising, and then editing and revising again.

Even now, on this message board, it's easy to not screw up something you say. You can simply hit the backspace key and retype it. Take away your ability to do so and see how stupid you seem, by your own standards. Obviously you aren't stupid, you simply make mistakes.

Being President is more than just writing policy, and spelling correctly. It's also decision making at it's ultimate.