Battlefield 2 1.03 patch is out...

fly said:
wtf, no arty kills? and wtf is mian?

Commander has enver gotten points or arty kills, silly boy. And he misspelled "main". As in resupply, enemy spots (if they're subsequently killed by his troops), etc.

Sarcasmo said:
Commander has enver gotten points or arty kills, silly boy. And he misspelled "main". As in resupply, enemy spots (if they're subsequently killed by his troops), etc.

what? I know you have twice the points I do but I swear you get 1 point for every arty kill :confused:

Sarcasmo said:
I'm missing about 6 or 7. I got about 10 in the two days before I got bored and quit playing, and had some prior to that.

I just checked. First Seargent is the one that starts requiring badges. That's two away from what you're at now.

why_ask_why said:
what? I know you have twice the points I do but I swear you get 1 point for every arty kill :confused:

That would be the only way commanders could get 100+ points without moving. Unless they gave points for every capture by another person.

Wait, I think I'm confused. I think they get points for arty kills but not hand-to-hand combat. That's what it is.

Sarcasmo said:
Wait, I think I'm confused. I think they get points for arty kills but not hand-to-hand combat. That's what it is.

That's bullshit too. If he uses the scan and notices an enemy right at the capture point he's at, why not let him get credit for killing the person, and defending the flag?

Coqui said:
That's bullshit too. If he uses the scan and notices an enemy right at the capture point he's at, why not let him get credit for killing the person, and defending the flag?

Because then you'd be an assault class with the ability to see every enemy on the map, drop bullets and nades at your position, AND arty the shit out of people. It would be overkill. They have to nerf them somehow.

Sarcasmo said:
Because then you'd be an assault class with the ability to see every enemy on the map, drop bullets and nades at your position, AND arty the shit out of people. It would be overkill. They have to nerf them somehow.

They already do. Getting out of command mode automatically cancels out the scan.
It's already almost impossible to manage a vehicle and command effectively at the same time. And I only dropped supplies at my own position when I was doing spec op and taking out the artillery, UAV, etc. Most commanders won't shoot enough to necessitate an ammo drop for themselves to begin with. (plus a good commander would tell an assault class where everyone around him was to begin with.)

Sarcasmo said:

yeah, the commander used to get kill points for arty kills. I know, because the night before the patch came out, I got 50+ kills and 0 deaths while hiding in a bunker the whole game. :)

SpangeMonkee said:
yeah, the commander used to get kill points for arty kills. I know, because the night before the patch came out, I got 50+ kills and 0 deaths while hiding in a bunker the whole game. :)

What about after?

SpangeMonkee said:
you get points, just not kill points. I play commander more often then I want b/c people don't take it. So, I'll prolly be commander from now on. :(

Funny thing is I never get a chance to be commander because someone outranks me and gets it.