WTF Bad boys, Bad boys, whatcha gonna do

Tghe POlice Don't stand
anybody could be a suicide bomber anywhere, are we gonna start stripsearching folks at Banana Republic and the Apple Store because they might have a bomb in their bra?

if anyone can have a bomb and deserves a gun in their face because of that potential, it doesn't much matter if someone raised their weapon at the guy in Austin who drove into protesters and shot at them, because maybe even if someone did point a weapon at him it's because they thought he had a bomb in the car.

this is asinine.
It's not asinine. This was a confrontational situation, not someone wandering Banana Republic or the Apple Store. That guy in Austin's been the strawman enough.

Hey she could've been hiding a trained attack pterodactyl in that bra too. Gotta watch out for those things, man.

In some people's mind: She's dumb for walking into something like that.

In other people's mind: She's righteously challenging authority.

What's really going on: Like a lot of their MO she's trying to provoke the police into a response so she can turn around, cry oppression, and get lots of likes and follows from her fellow tweeting twits.
It's typical social media look at me I'm a big deal syndrome.

"I'm sure Mr. Floyd was a nice person and racial inequality is a bad thing but really this is about me"

What's really going on: Like a lot of their MO she's trying to provoke the police into a response so she can turn around, cry oppression, and get lots of likes and follows from her fellow tweeting twits.
Are you high? Have you looked at any of the pictures of damage these "nonlethal" rounds have done that august has posted? Why would you think anyone would do this for the likes?

giphy.gif

In some people's mind: She's dumb for walking into something like that.

In other people's mind: She's righteously challenging authority.

"I'm sure Mr. Floyd was a nice person and racial inequality is a bad thing but really this is about me"
I'm guessing she doesn't even know who Mr. Floyd is.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Are you high? Have you looked at any of the pictures of damage these "nonlethal" rounds have done that august has posted? Why would you think anyone would do this for the likes?

Because that's what people do it for now.
Remove the attention and damn few of them would do the same thing solo just on principle.

Also they're still here to post twits so yes they are less than lethal.

but they are also only considered less than lethal when they are being used appropriately, and targeting faces, heads, and chests ain't it chief

How many of those rounds have you fired there, chief? Can you pick your target and hit it?

Of course there's deliberate targeting, duh.

There's also many degrees of nuance between your absolutism "every protester is a saint/every cop is out for blood" mentality but by all means regale us with more fantastical tales of how every vandal, thief, and arsonist is a righteous soul and every cop is a blood-thirsty monster.

Keep it up and you'll lend credence to the president's law and order schtick.

Or you could be sane, your choice.

I don't like cops as much as the next guy. I'd be cool if they were few and far between only dealing with real actual crimes but I also realize they're people, not robots.
Not gonna sit here and paint them all as vampires while claiming a bunch of shit for brains "protesters" are pure as the wind driven snow.

I think you and I might have a different idea of where the line is between righteous protest and violent mob.

This country was made by a violent mob but we ain't at the point where we need another one to remake it. When we are I'll be there. I just don't think we're there yet.

How many of those rounds have you fired there, chief? Can you pick your target and hit it?

Of course there's deliberate targeting, duh.

There's also many degrees of nuance between your absolutism "every protester is a saint/every cop is out for blood" mentality but by all means regale us with more fantastical tales of how every vandal, thief, and arsonist is a righteous soul and every cop is a blood-thirsty monster.

Keep it up and you'll lend credence to the president's law and order schtick.

Or you could be sane, your choice.

I don't like cops as much as the next guy. I'd be cool if they were few and far between only dealing with real actual crimes but I also realize they're people, not robots.
Not gonna sit here and paint them all as vampires while claiming a bunch of shit for brains "protesters" are pure as the wind driven snow.

I think you and I might have a different idea of where the line is between righteous protest and violent mob.

This country was made by a violent mob but we ain't at the point where we need another one to remake it. When we are I'll be there. I just don't think we're there yet.
I've never fired impact munitions, I have fired other firearms. I used to be the chair of my gun club's skeet committee, routinely won or placed at the turkey shoots, and I used to hunt :lol: and while I'm out of practice now, it's also not, you know, something I'm being sent out to do as part of my job. also, there is no world in which they're so incompetent that they are aiming appropriately and just happen to accidentally keep shooting people directly in the heart or between the eyes.

I've never claimed every protester is a saint; my claim is that even if there are no saints amongst them, it does not excuse the behavior of the cops and feds all over the US who have answered protests over police brutality by taking it up to 11.

I'm not still any sort of sharpshooter/marskman at this stage in my life, but if you were assuming I'm inexperienced, you are mistaken, sir.