[Article] Article: anatomy of a deal: water heater

me too. But I'd rather just have a massive recycle container, & keep the once a week pickup deal. I like minimal crap days on my curb in the neighborhood.

We have a massive recycle container. Regular trash gets picked up twice a week and recycled once a week. It would be ideal for us if it was the opposite.

They pick it up daily at my condo. An elevator comes up from below the sidewalk, with the gigantic bins, to the garbage truck waiting on the street.

We have more recycling every week than we do garbage. Fortunately in our area if you fill up the bin you can put bags out and they will take them too. They won't do that for regular trash pickup, just recycling. I too would like to start composting. We don't have the kind of property where we can just have a heap in the woods the way we did at my parent's house so we will have to get some kind of bin. They give them away for free at our dump.

We have more recycling every week than we do garbage. Fortunately in our area if you fill up the bin you can put bags out and they will take them too. They won't do that for regular trash pickup, just recycling. I too would like to start composting. We don't have the kind of property where we can just have a heap in the woods the way we did at my parent's house so we will have to get some kind of bin. They give them away for free at our dump.

garbagemen over here in arundel are cool. The technical limits are 3 bags a week, but ive put out 6 at time and they never dont pick them up.

Then again, i also go 2 months at a time without producing trash sometimes.

We pay extra per trash can/bag we set out. Recycling there is no extra charge so you can imagine we do a lot more recycling than others might do. I wish we didn't have to pay per can but it does make us more thoughtful.