[Article] Article: anatomy of a deal: water heater

What are you guys throwing away? We get once a week trash and recycling and most weeks both bins are only half full.

im guessing a whole lot of plastic wrapped stuff.

My trash is a lot of packing material, i order way way too much from amazon

What are you guys throwing away? We get once a week trash and recycling and most weeks both bins are only half full.

Soda cans
Liquor bottles
Beer bottles
Plastic food containers
Cardboard boxes
Newspapers
Deceased prostitutes
Other plastic and glass containers
Other cardboard containers
Anything else that can be recycled

Since we pay per removal of trash, we only set ours out when full. I think even then we only do it every 2-3 weeks for a 33 gallon trash can too. That even includes kitty litter.

We'll set recycling out more often since they'll pick it up weekly at no extra charge. Usually cardboard boxes of sorts for us with that and then junk mail/ads/paper with some plastic and Coke cans.

here is where helenabear pulls way ahead of April.

:eek:

I don't get it... we have 2 cats in which we use clumping litter that needs to be trashed. I added that in since it's heavy and then I just noticed I forgot to say we have a 33 gallon and 50 pound limit per bag. Kitty litter is quite heavy unfortunately.

Anyone have any experience with tankless water heaters?

electric = fuck no. Way more trouble than theyre worth

gas? depends on your usage. If you use hot water very infrequently, awesome, lots of savings. and by lots, i mean like 3 bucks.

electric = fuck no. Way more trouble than theyre worth

gas? depends on your usage. If you use hot water very infrequently, awesome, lots of savings. and by lots, i mean like 3 bucks.

But they save a lot of space, right? How is electric more trouble than it's worth?

they save a bunch of space, and you ahve unlimited hot water.

You literally will need almost a whole panel to handle the amperage the electric ones need. If i remember right, they need at minimum 85 amps, and on average, 100.

If you have a 200 amp service, that means you better have half your entire panel free to install one. If you have 100 amp service? You're not doing it.

So far we love our hybrid water heater. :hs:

i really shoulda gotten one of those. Regret not doing it, it was a too little to late learning thing

could have got it for 200 bucks, AND had insurance pay for it, the full amount. I would have made money

Seems like the electric would be like using a hair dryer in terms of the bill. 10 minute shower = blow dryer use for 10 minutes. Seems pretty cheap in comparison to always keeping water hot.

they save a bunch of space, and you ahve unlimited hot water.

You literally will need almost a whole panel to handle the amperage the electric ones need. If i remember right, they need at minimum 85 amps, and on average, 100.

If you have a 200 amp service, that means you better have half your entire panel free to install one. If you have 100 amp service? You're not doing it.

Oh, for some reason I thought you were talking about functionality. My bad. Yes, you're right. Big amperage issue now that I look them up.

You basically live in a large house with a bunch of other people with their own locks. You can't say anything about home ownership. :p

Yeah, that's not at all how it works. Some of the most expensive real estate in the world is in condos.