Apparantly eharmony can't even help me

Ryokurin

Erect Member
Oct 15, 2004
www.ryokurin.net
Marklar
₥0
I'm sitting at home today and my roommate tells me about this girl I know and how her friends signed her up on eharmony and match.com to help her find someone. Apparently her match is so good that she actually took a trip to him to Florida for some type of hummer obstacle course. So now shes all about the site and how good it is.

I never even considered spending money on sites like this as I always figured it was a waste of money. About the furthest I've went was post a free listing on Yahoo. I left it up for a few months and only attracted 40 year old chubby white soccer moms and 419 scam artists (I'm a model in Germany and need you to cash this check for me!) Needless to say I closed it. But I figure that since a friend had so much great luck with it I'll spend the cash just once, so I sign up for three months of service, or a $100 dollars.

So in the end of spending 30 minutes on the profile I find out that they have ZERO matches for me. Once you sign up they have a even longer one and that didn't help at all. Am I that much of a bitch to people that a fucking computer can't help me?

Anyhow, its a waste of money as far as I'm concerned right now and I'm actually considering a charge back and the only thing I got out of it was a personalty profile that I already knew about myself. If that dosn't work its up to February. Note i'm not bitching or crying that there is no hope for me, im just venting on how its a money trap and now I will feel the need to flick it off like I do with Devry and HP commercials

You know, I tend to agree with you because I've heard the same rant from other people. However, my sister met her husband on Match.com. It took a couple of years, but in her case it was worth it. Her husband really is perfect for her and she for him. She had problems meeting people and was a bit of a loner and completely miserable about it. Now, I've never seen her happier and that makes me really happy. Therefore, I don't know what I really think about the online dating thing.

It's amazing how many lonely people there are out there and they all can't find each other.

You know, I tend to agree with you because I've heard the same rant from other people. However, my sister met her husband on Match.com. It took a couple of years, but in her case it was worth it. Her husband really is perfect for her and she for him. She had problems meeting people and was a bit of a loner and completely miserable about it. Now, I've never seen her happier and that makes me really happy. Therefore, I don't know what I really think about the online dating thing.

It's amazing how many lonely people there are out there and they all can't find each other.

If match.com is anything like eharmony then she paid over 500 dollars to meet her husband, if she paid for it for two years straight. He better be a freaking catch for that amount of money.

i think this way of meeting people has great potential. i also see how serious people might have to wait a long time to find someone worthwhile. it seems if you really want to explore this route, give it three months. it might be a waste of money, but i don't think it's a money trap, so to speak. it's kind of like buying someone drinks at a bar. it might work, it might not. have fun regardless. :) :heart:

Hey, I did too. I still have 9,000 dollars to pay on that mistake as well.

At least now I can say with authority that there is no one for me in Atlanta. I mean, they are the pros. For that matter fucked worldwide since that option made no matches then. Woes is I.

I had two friends that did the eharmony profile thing. They both ended up signing up with CatholicMatch.com. While neither one has ended up married or even in a long term relationship, both seem to be having a lot of fun dating people.

I have a sister we are have tried to convince to sign up to one of these sites. I'll make sure not to tell her of your experience.

Pay the money for her then. when it dosn't work what stings is that you paid for failure not that there isn't anyone 'compatible' for you.

But she's anti-internet dating and gets mad anytime we bring it up so it'd be a waste of our money. If she'd use it I'd consider it.

If match.com is anything like eharmony then she paid over 500 dollars to meet her husband, if she paid for it for two years straight. He better be a freaking catch for that amount of money.

He's really great actually. She dated a few guys from the site and had a good time, but finally she met Randy. He's wonderful. I get teary eyed just thinking of how happy I am that she met him and they got married.