anyone here go to a chiropractor?

Thorn Bird

Forum Mom
May 24, 2005
Marklar
₥65
my sciatica is back (because i'm pregnant,) and i'm wondering if a chiropractor's a good idea. i know many have mixed reviews on them, and i'm wondering what opinions y'all have on the subject.

I tend to view chiropractors the way I view Scientologists. On the other hand, if they can exorcise your back thetans I say why not.

I've gone to one before. They can help, but I personally wouldn't risk it while pregnant.

Tried a prenatal massage or even accupuncture?

I've gone to one before. They can help, but I personally wouldn't risk it while pregnant.

Tried a prenatal massage or even accupuncture?

i swore at end of last pregnancy that the next pregnancy i'd get a massage. i'm going to wait till i'm nice and ripe before i get one. accupuncture i'd give a try but i don't know much about it nor where to go for it. i'd have to research it. thought about having that while in labor, too. i might even try a doula this go 'round.

I think its a complete fraud. I think physical therapy is a real field because people do need help with recovering from some accidents / surgeries. However, you don't need to go get your back adjusted every 2 weeks.

Penn & Teller Bullshit did a great episode over this.

my left shoulder was jacked up from a MMA fight a few months ago - I didn't feel like taking pills while training so I saw a chiropractor and it was very helpful for me

I think chiropractors make you feel good for a week or 2 then you suddenly feel worse than before you ever saw one. You have to go back and get fixed again, only to have more pain in 2 weeks. Rinse and repeat. Those guys seem a little shaky to me. But I'm sure they aren't all bad.

I think chiropractors make you feel good for a week or 2 then you suddenly feel worse than before you ever saw one. You have to go back and get fixed again, only to have more pain in 2 weeks. Rinse and repeat. Those guys seem a little shaky to me. But I'm sure they aren't all bad.

Exactly

It can be beneficial for problems, but not just to go because you think your back need realignment. I think thats where the stories of people having to go back every other week comes from. They like it and become addicted to it but try to pass it off as the doc is doing things to make them come back.

I've been to a mechanotherapist more than a chiropractor. The last time I was at a chiropractor I was still in grade school and it was because of a car accident. If my back was in bad shape, the mechanotherapist helped.

I think its a complete fraud. I think physical therapy is a real field because people do need help with recovering from some accidents / surgeries. However, you don't need to go get your back adjusted every 2 weeks.

Penn & Teller Bullshit did a great episode over this.

This is exactly what my sister (physical therapist) says. They are for temporary relief, but it doesn't rehabilitate you.

my left shoulder was jacked up from a MMA fight a few months ago - I didn't feel like taking pills while training so I saw a chiropractor and it was very helpful for me

I had a weird dream with you in it last night, you hated alligators and wanted me to convert this movie I took of them into some extension I've never heard before. .nvm or something.

If your back hurts, it's because you're a big huge pussy.

Seriously though, it's because your back muscles are inadequate. Do pull-ups, back lifts, and other exercises to strengthen them. No more back pain, and no more chiropractic silliness.