anyone here go to a chiropractor?

If your back hurts, it's because you're a big huge pussy.

Seriously though, it's because your back muscles are inadequate. Do pull-ups, back lifts, and other exercises to strengthen them. No more back pain, and no more chiropractic silliness.

That is the first smart thing I've seen you write. I know for us if you go to the military dr with back issues it's always physical therapy time. And 99% of the time it fixes the issue (weak back and stomach muscles will cause alot of issue with your back).

how much back pain do you think comes from incorrect posture? from sitting all day, and sitting on an incorrect/unhealthy chair? from a number of things? do you think strengthening back muscles would cure this problem, or do you think you'd have the back problems regardless?

how much back pain do you think comes from incorrect posture? from sitting all day, and sitting on an incorrect/unhealthy chair? from a number of things? do you think strengthening back muscles would cure this problem, or do you think you'd have the back problems regardless?

Strong muscles go a LONG way to warding off back pain. You'd be surprised. You can sit hunched over for far longer periods of time if your frame can support the stress.

But yes, back posture contributes. And I'm not sure what in 'incorrect' or unhealthy chair is, but if it's noticeably harming you then you should probably set it on fire and release the demons.

back muscles would cure most of the problem. proper posture and sitting exercise those muscles.

This issue is alot of people's muscles cannot take the constant pressure from incorrect posture not to mention alot of peoples muscles cannot hold their body frame properly due to being over weight (which cause bad posture).

My back pain came from a pinched nerve caused by a swelling of a disk in my lumbar region. Would exercise help that out?

My back pain came from a pinched nerve caused by a swelling of a disk in my lumbar region. Would exercise help that out?

I didn't say all cases are from weak muscles. Of course a pinched nerve or ruptured disk are seperate issues. But these are also issues that should be taken care of by a chiro

By swelling disc do you mean the disc slipped or ruptured? Strong muscles help keep your discs from slipping too. I remember back at the gym three years ago I was doing curls standing up, 40 lb. dumbbells in each hand. As I was curling my right arm I not only felt a disc in my back slip, but I heard it too. It was like mashing a sponge full of water. The extra 80 lbs. of weights, combined with the angle my body naturally assumed when compensating during the curl (even if only slight) was enough to jack my back up for a long, long time. Since the resulting physical therapy, I've concentrated on strengthening my back routinely and it's become one of my favorite muscle groups to work out. And it REALLY helped with all back pain in general. I haven't pulled my back in ages, no discs have slipped when working out, and it also helps when picking up a four year old, too. (Fuck off Theac)

Last edited: