Anyone here from Orange County, CA area?

How can you not like the ocean?! I can understand not liking sand at the beaches but the ocean in general?

I've had many many hookups by taking a late night ride to the beach with a girl. If you can't get some with the beach and a big moon then just apply more liquor.

Don't ask me, I think the ocean and beach are the best places in the entire world. When I ask he mumbles off stuff about it having water in it or something :confused:, regardless, it never makes sense.

Okay Sir KNYTE, if you could please type up a 30-page paper on your personal experiences and reflections I would highly appreciate it. I'm pondering a transfer request.

Of course I can only pay you by way of a thread post thanking you.

Crowded.

The people are douchey.

Their firearm laws are retarded.

They did this to the AR15..
picture.php

Too much traffic.

By being a gun owner in California and paying state taxes you are effectively funding the restriction of your own rights.

I can't concealed carry there.

I can't open carry there.

Paris Hilton lives in California.

Housing costs are unbelievable, and traffic is terrible........why?

Yup.

I want to go for a business degree and then law school, and I want to be near water. And beaches. For corporate law California is a great environment.

I could move there because my kid's mom is from the OC, and she desperately wants to go back. In fact she's ecstatic that I'm even considering it. Which I don't care about; it would just be good for my career.

Well, go right ahead then, Mr. FaggyMcDoucheypantsfagman.

It's insanely hard to get a concealed carry in Cali, that's all Knyte needs to know.

Near impossible.
I would think the neutered mag capacity, and AWB sillyness would piss him off more :lol:

Yup.

I live in Irvine, CA. I like it. The traffic here is not nearly as bad as closer into LA.

Also, in CA the CCW's are done on a county by county basis by the county sheriff, and the OC sheriff isn't actually that bad. Also the OC is ( :shock: ) mostly Republican.

As I have always understood it you have to give any CLEO a "good/justifiable reason" in order for them to sign off on a CCW. A "good reason" being:

- I'm a woman, look at my tits.
- I carry lots of cash for my business, here's a bribe.
- I'm rich, here's a bribe.

If that's not the case still then I guess the joke is on me. Calolifornia still sucks regardless.

Don't ask me, I think the ocean and beach are the best places in the entire world. When I ask he mumbles off stuff about it having water in it or something :confused:, regardless, it never makes sense.

The beach is a whole other matter. It's a combination of things that irritate me (in a very real and literal sense).

Is that part of CA burning yet?

The fires don't tend to reach this area. They're mostly in San Diego or up in NorCal. I mean, if my apartment were caught in a forest fire, that would be a disaster to top Katrina a dozen times over. There is so much pure wall of city between here and any of the fire areas. This densely populated knot doesn't have an unplanted tree for 100 miles.

So those last three, is that the ghetto of the OC?

Santa Ana is definitely the most ghetto part. Tustin and Costa Mesa are like the more ghetto versions of Newport Beach and Irvine. But the thing is, Newport and Irvine are really nice cities; Costa Mesa and Tustin aren't that bad.

This is all assuming you're talking about "The OC" sort of thing and not actually surveying the entire county. It stretches far enough east that I wouldn't really consider it "near the beach" over on the east edge.

picture.php

Ghetto Ratings

Irvine:
Newport:
Tustin: *
Costa Mesa: *
Huntington Beach: *
Mission Viejo: *
Lake Forest: *
Dana Point: *
San Juan Capistrano: *
San Clemente:*
Laguna:
Laguna Hills:
Orange: **
Santa Ana: *****
Fountain Valley: ***
Westminster: ****
Garden Grove: ****
Anaheim: ***
Cypress: ***
Buena Park: **
Fullerton: *
Brea: *
La Habra: **
Yorba Linda: **
Villa Park: **
Los Alamitos: ***
La Palma: ***
Placentia: ***

... that was surprisingly fun to type out ...

Driving from Irvine into Santa Ana is a trip. @_@ You have like 500 major company's nice headquarters and 2 million dollar homes, and then one of the worst ghettos I've ever seen. Seriously, I bet you fully half of the residents of that city are illegal immigrants.

I lived in So. Cal for a little while, Costa Mesa to be exact. I loved it over there. If I could of afforded it, I would have stayed. It is insanely expensive to live there.
I never really had a problem with the traffic, but I rarely went to L.A. during "rush hour". I really enjoyed the people, the climate and the opportunity to just do a lot of things out there. There always seems to be something going on.

I lived in So. Cal for a little while, Costa Mesa to be exact. I loved it over there. If I could of afforded it, I would have stayed. It is insanely expensive to live there.
I never really had a problem with the traffic, but I rarely went to L.A. during "rush hour". I really enjoyed the people, the climate and the opportunity to just do a lot of things out there. There always seems to be something going on.

My kid has been out there for a week on vacation, and he's already hit the OC fair, taken a hot-air balloon ride, watched a movie on the beach at Newport dunes, and gone to Catalina Island. wtf. I want to be a part of that. Dallas sucks.

Also, I've looked through hundreds and hundreds of real estate listings for Orange County at this point. I'm dumbfounded. 700 sq. foot condos from the early 1970s for $150,000. I could buy a house in Dallas that was built 10 years ago for that kind of money. Not to mention the small, completely average homes for 700,000 and up.

Also, I've looked through hundreds and hundreds of real estate listings for Orange County at this point. I'm dumbfounded. 700 sq. foot condos from the early 1970s for $150,000. I could buy a house in Dallas that was built 10 years ago for that kind of money. Not to mention the small, completely average homes for 700,000 and up.

Ahh the biggest drawback to living in CA.

And state income tax. Blah.

:confused:

Don't all states do that?

I have a federal, state, and TWO city income taxes. Property tax (to city). Sales tax (of 8%) to state and city.

And for all that money I have the most dangerous city per capita in the country. OC sounds like a nice safe place.