anyone good with a rubik's cube?

Same thing, math is just a broader discription of it. Smart ass.

lol, not the same thing!

An example of a "mathematical equation" (as you stated it) would be 2x = 10.

An algorithm is a series of steps leading to the solution of a problem which may or may not be mathematical.

This is a non-math algorithm to solve a problem:
324px-LampFlowchart.svg.png

:rolleyes:

I know some dumb ass asians.

the only way yer going to learn to do the cube is to try. best way is to take a break do something else for a while and come back to it with a fresh persoective.

i often have trouble visualizing the moves and looking ahead a couple moves while still remembering what i just did so i can go back if need be

lol, not the same thing!

An example of a "mathematical equation" (as you stated it) would be 2x = 10.

An algorithm is a series of steps leading to the solution of a problem which may or may not be mathematical.

This is a non-math algorithm to solve a problem:
324px-LampFlowchart.svg.png

:mad: I'm half right and half wrong then.

i would prefer to solve it the way it was originally meant to be solved. yesterday i almost had 3 sides... but messed it all up. today i am looing at some strategy site. it looks like i will be able to get 3 sides soon... but i won't know what to do after that

haha, then why post a thread asking for help??? :p

aww shit nog... i am almost done doing it bymyself, but a ran into a little complication. all the pieces are in the right place but 2 side pieces are twisted so the wrong color is on the wrong side. DDAAMMNNN!!! so close :(