Anyone feeling Christmasy?

HifiGirly

Half-staff Member
Nov 16, 2004
Ohio
Marklar
₥0
So Christmas is a week away, my shoppings done, presents are all wrapped. I am putting the finishing touches on a few things, but all and all I am pretty much ready for Christmas. Our house is decorated and I've been listening to Christmas music, but it just doesn't seem Christmas-y. Maybe its just the lack of snow.

So does anyone have certain things they do (traditions) that makes it feel like Christmas?

i've tried to be in the season all month long. we've been doing the songs and shopping and advent calendars and visiting real reindeer and candy cane hunts and visiting santa and angel trees and talking about baby jesus' birthday (she even had cake and ice cream at school on monday.) we have decorations and plans with family and ornaments on the tree. i feel like this season has been pretty good...it just takes the effort of taking advantage of the month...it's crazy that i have to think about it that much, but otherwise it becomes a chaotic, stressed, i-can't-wait-till-it's-over thing, and i hate that.

edit: the fact that it's currently 70 degrees here does NOT help the fact that christmas is a few days away. it's pissing me off ,even though my heating bill will be nice to me (it's only hot bcause this year i've been overpaying on my gas bill in anticipation for a cold, expensive winter.:mad:)

Last edited:
it's definitely not feeling like christmas at all here. it's been unseasonably warm, we have no tree since we're not going to be home at all for the holidays, most of the presents still aren't wrapped, i'm still not done shopping, i've been horrendo sick and we just finished killing lots of rats. i'm waiting for my egg nog and burbon to kick in.

I love Christmas. Yaaaa Christmas. I have my tree and all the presents and my Christmas cards sent out and the ones I've recieved are out. I've made xmas cookies and maybe some for a certain couple who is feeding me tomorrow. And best of all . . . my grandmother is coming to Florida WOOHOO.

Hell I'm in Canada and we don't even have snow. It was 10 degrees on Sunday.

I saw snow once on my visit last week but it was wussy snow and only feel slightly. That was on the coldest night which was like -12. The rest of the time it was rather nice

I love Christmas. Yaaaa Christmas. I have my tree and all the presents and my Christmas cards sent out and the ones I've recieved are out. I've made xmas cookies and maybe some for a certain couple who is feeding me tomorrow. And best of all . . . my grandmother is coming to Florida WOOHOO.

Fuck you and your happy horse shit. :p

I saw snow once on my visit last week but it was wussy snow and only feel slightly. That was on the coldest night which was like -12. The rest of the time it was rather nice

I had the pleasure of being in Winnipeg a couple of weeks back, where the wind chill was -36. The highest it was all week was -15, that is until I got to the airport to come home, when it warmed up to +1. Dammit.