anyone ever been busted with those cameras at intersections?

not sure if those are up in detroit yet. I don't see them. then again i normaly drive the speed limit or take surface backroads so i avoid a majority of traffic.

Galen said:
Some roads here have 4 or 5 Speed Camera's on them. So If you're speeding in one area, taking into account it's 4 points per offence, you could lose your permit.

Noone I have ever spoken to believe they're a good idea, the only support for them come from the Cops.
How fast do you actually have to be going to get nabbed by those? Or is it a random enforcement sort of thing?

I figure I went past a few going a good 30mph over the limit and didn't get anything...

i got busted for 66 in a 35 and then he gave me a ticket for not changing the address on my license.

But i requested to take that one to court and am having the sumons sent to my parents address ( on my license )

lets see em fight that.

Thorn Bird said:

OMG! I'm soooo sorry guys! Stupid cameras! I was gonna put on my hazzards and wait for ya. :hs: That had to be the shortest yellow light I have ever seen tho. I betcha that's no accident either. DAMN THE MAN! :rant: I say we go out there and time the light cycle. Aren't yellow lights suppose to last a certain length of time? Course would it even make a difference in court? :(

I've actually heard news reports that those red light cameras increase the number of accidents at those interestections because so many people slam on their breaks (to avoid getting a pic) and get rear ended. I'd like to know exactly what those statistics are cuz that is extreamly believeable. There's a few of those cameras on my route for work and I see people slamming their breaks all the time at those intersections.

Pandora said:
OMG! I'm soooo sorry guys! Stupid cameras! I was gonna put on my hazzards and wait for ya. :hs: That had to be the shortest yellow light I have ever seen tho. I betcha that's no accident either. DAMN THE MAN! :rant: I say we go out there and time the light cycle. Aren't yellow lights suppose to last a certain length of time? Course would it even make a difference in court? :(

I've actually heard news reports that those red light cameras increase the number of accidents at those interestections because so many people slam on their breaks (to avoid getting a pic) and get rear ended. I'd like to know exactly what those statistics are cuz that is extreamly believeable. There's a few of those cameras on my route for work and I see people slamming their breaks all the time at those intersections.
This is why I speed up when approaching an intersection that is still showing green. Leave the yellow lights behind ya, I say.

Pandora said:
Well I figured speeding up was a better option than slamming on breaks and having their car end up in my back seat. :hs:
The camera lights are dangerous, in my opinion. The safer option would be to EXTEND the length of the yellow lights. Give people plenty of time to clear the intersection instead of encouraging them to emergency stop in order to avoid a fine.

lemon_fresh said:
The camera lights are dangerous, in my opinion. The safer option would be to EXTEND the length of the yellow lights. Give people plenty of time to clear the intersection instead of encouraging them to emergency stop in order to avoid a fine.

But they obviously don't do that. It just goes to show that it's all about the $$ and NOT about making the intersections 'safer'. :rolleyes:

lemon_fresh said:
Yep, longer yellows and more space between one light changing to red and another going to green.

Being on a bike, I almost always have to punch it through on a yellow - with all the oil/fluids spilled in the last few feet before a stop line it's extra dangerous to try and stop quickly on the bike.

Pandora said:

well, that was the choice I had to make. Hit the brakes at 55 or go through the light. A quick glance in the rear view told me to keep going.

eileenbunny said:
I would have tried to fight it, but driving to DC just to fight a $50.00 fine seemed like a lot more trouble than it was worth. The car is registered to IBWIP, but we knew I was the one driving it at the time so it became my responsibility. Ah well, perhaps they will use that money for something good, like making it possible to drive in the blasted city.

If you pay it, won't it go on your records and raise your ins. rates? That's how it works out here. Better find out and then take traffic school. That shit stays on you for 7 yrs. :mad:

Kevlar said:
If you pay it, won't it go on your records and raise your ins. rates? That's how it works out here. Better find out and then take traffic school. That shit stays on you for 7 yrs. :mad:

It's a no points violation. It has to be since the machine has no idea who is driving and, therefore, no idea who's license to apply the points to.

itburnswhenipee said:
It's a no points violation. It has to be since the machine has no idea who is driving and, therefore, no idea who's license to apply the points to.

Really? I wonder if that's true here. Thanks :)