anyone ever been busted with those cameras at intersections?

Thorn Bird

Forum Mom
May 24, 2005
Marklar
₥65
well, we have.

spange was driving, but it is my car, so guess who the ticket's addressed to? and spange was following someone for directions. yes, he ran a right light, but it was a judgement call as to not lose the people we were following.

the good news is that it does not count against me on my license or insurance. i'm basically just handing $70 to some other county.

bastages.

anyone else been busted?

They just put a bunch of them cameras up around houston here under the pretense that theyll "reduce intersection accidents", which is BS, as its all just about generating revenue.

Go to court. Chances are they wont even show up. Not to mention the 6th amendment; "...to be confronted with the witnesses against him". It's hard to confront a camera.

Of course this will piss off the police department and the judge not to mention the amount of time that it would involve. Mostly paying tickets is just so you don't have to go through the hassle.

I know they are installing the speed cameras around Charlotte too. I never got caught by one but my friend did. It was an expensive ticket too.

FlamingGlory said:
Go to court. Chances are they wont even show up. Not to mention the 6th amendment; "...to be confronted with the witnesses against him". It's hard to confront a camera.

Of course this will piss off the police department and the judge not to mention the amount of time that it would involve. Mostly paying tickets is just so you don't have to go through the hassle.

but with picture proof that it was my car? and i can't prove i wasn't driving. it's got all kinds of options on the back of the thing -- you have to swear and sign that it wasn't you at the time, because your car was stolen, or you can provide the name and address of the person who was driving under oath and all that. they don't seem to leave any wiggle room. i'd go over there if i thought i had a shot, but i just don't see how showing up to fight it would help since there's three pictures of my car.

Thorn Bird said:
but with picture proof that it was my car? and i can't prove i wasn't driving. it's got all kinds of options on the back of the thing -- you have to swear and sign that it wasn't you at the time, because your car was stolen, or you can provide the name and address of the person who was driving under oath and all that. they don't seem to leave any wiggle room. i'd go over there if i thought i had a shot, but i just don't see how showing up to fight it would help since there's three pictures of my car.

I'll go in to court REEEEEEEEEEEALY drunk and let them know what I think of their damn ticket. Don't worry, baby. Three hots and a cott.

Thorn Bird said:
I've never seen the GA one. A friend of mine went to court and did the sixth amendment thing, it flew and the judge laughed and threw it out. Thing is we just get a ticket and a summons though.

Spange's idea is pretty damn good.

FlamingGlory said:

Thats tricksy.

Some roads here have 4 or 5 Speed Camera's on them. So If you're speeding in one area, taking into account it's 4 points per offence, you could lose your permit.

Noone I have ever spoken to believe they're a good idea, the only support for them come from the Cops.

Drool-Boy said:
They just put a bunch of them cameras up around houston here under the pretense that theyll "reduce intersection accidents", which is BS, as its all just about generating revenue.

Don't you love that argument though? By merely observing you can prevent something from happening. That's brilliant, isn't it?

You can fight it. If you can't prove you weren't driving, they can't prove you were. I would talk to someone about it, for sure.

Kevlar said:
You can fight it. If you can't prove you weren't driving, they can't prove you were. I would talk to someone about it, for sure.

I would have tried to fight it, but driving to DC just to fight a $50.00 fine seemed like a lot more trouble than it was worth. The car is registered to IBWIP, but we knew I was the one driving it at the time so it became my responsibility. Ah well, perhaps they will use that money for something good, like making it possible to drive in the blasted city.

The running a red light camera's I understand. Bt the speed cameras? What is to say that some jerk didn't mess with it and the reading wasn't off. When a cop writes you a ticket they have to ask if you want them to check the radar. How does that work with the camera?

Thorn Bird said:

Maybe you should send them three pictures of the $70 dollars! ;)