anyone else still drunk?? How was your July 4th?

Drool-Boy said:
ya we tried to go to a mexican restaurant last night and it was closed for the 4th. Wtf?

Same here. I was craving On the Border. So I went to Barnes and Noble instead to enjoy some coffee, some books, and a smoke and they made us all leave at 9. Fuckers.

We went and saw Superman and then up to Knyte's Sister's for dinner and fireworks. It was a nice easy fun day. I'll let Knyte tell you about his shenanigans the night prior.

Sarcasmo said:
I've come to the conclusion that the 4th of July is gay. Endless amounts of traffic and people jockeying for a good vantage point, stores closing early....all for a 15-minute firework display.

Bah humbug.

drinking, grilling & fireworks with friends at home is where it's at...screw going to the cattle drives held for the public...annoying waste of time imo and I refuse to do it

kiwi said:
We went and saw Superman and then up to Knyte's Sister's for dinner and fireworks. It was a nice easy fun day. I'll let Knyte tell you about his shenanigans the night prior.

did superman suck as bad as I've been hearing?

why_ask_why said:

He boinked Lois in the second Reeve film, has a kid, doesn't know it and that sperm saw more action than Lex's toupee in the new flick

why_ask_why said:
it reminds you that at the end of the day the story of Superman is less of a heroic tail and more of a complex love story (or in this case, triangle)

Last edited:
elpmis said:
it reminds you that at the end of the day the story of Superman is less of a heroic tail and more of a complex love story (or in this case, triangle)

ya

why_ask_why said:

I don't think it sucked nearly as bad as you've been hearing. I actually kind of enjoyed it. Good character development, great action scenes, neat effects, and a cheesy superman story. I thought it was everything a Superman film should be.

Our fourth was fun. We sat around all day and relaxed and then we went to a teeny amusement park to check it out. We rode silly rides, played skeeball and watched fireworks. The only sad part was the abrupt ending of an otherwise great fireworks display because of a fire.

thrawn said:
I've grilled a total of eight times between the hours of midnight and 12am in the past four days, made stirfry, king crab, homemade pizza, donned shorts and a shirt once for the sole purpose of purchasing beer, had no human contact aside from said beer salesman and my neighbor at 4am, the extent of the conversation was, "Hey." It's been a good weekend. I had ribeye for breakfast today.
Wow you had more meat than I did this weekend :(

eileenbunny said:
I don't think it sucked nearly as bad as you've been hearing. I actually kind of enjoyed it. Good character development, great action scenes, neat effects, and a cheesy superman story. I thought it was everything a Superman film should be.

I agree, I enjoyed it. I don't follow the "real" super hero story lines though so I can't compare. Knyte did point out that Superman doesn't really have a kid, that was added simply for the film. There were some really neat effects and the kid that did Superman did a decent job. Kevin Spacey was excellent as Lex Luther.

I am just bummed about the rumor I heard that they CGIed out Superman's bulge because it was deemed distracting to test audiences :(

dbzeag said:
I am just bummed about the rumor I heard that they CGIed out Superman's bulge because it was deemed distracting to test audiences :(
there's a little bit of buldge, but not much

I went to a little bar that is usually packed and it had like 10 people in it. Drank some beers, went to applebees and then to the house for bed. Probably the worst 4th of july ever!

There is no way they should say Superman has a kid. That has always been a question in the comics. And if he ever hooks back up with Lois it makes her look like a tramp.

b_sinning said:
There is no way they should say Superman has a kid. That has always been a question in the comics. And if he ever hooks back up with Lois it makes her look like a tramp.

immaculate conception?

ceiling fly said:
I bet the fuckers are open for Cinco de mayo. wtf

I'm willing to bet that Mexico probably could care less about the 4th of July, but due to multiculturalism I was forced to have to listen to Mexican polka music while at Chilis on the May 5th this year. Hypocrite bastards the lot of them.