Any travel plans for Turkey Day?

fly

omg
Oct 1, 2004
Marklar
₥84,380
Steam
mattressfish
After work tonite, I get to fight traffic at the airports on my way to Michigan for a long weekend of glutinous eating. What are you doing?

Anyone planning on deep frying a turkey???

I am hanging out in Orlando, since I have to work Friday and probably Saturday.
I think I am just going to go hang with some friends and get drunk.

Going to Central Utah. I'm thinking going to kill some leftover pumpkins with the Glocks and a Shotty. Then I'll play some Gears Of War Co-op with my brother-in-law and whatnot.

make the hour twenty minute trip down to Kentucky for my first meal with the wifes family. Then back up home for the feast with my family in my parents teeny tiney house packed with people.

I am heading to Ft Myers tonight. Renting a truck on Saturday to get a bed and couch. Driving back up on Sunday to meet movers to get it upstairs.

Damn I suck at the relaxing weekend stuff.

Go to my uncle's house 25 mins away with my dad's side of the family. My dad usually deep fries a chicken first as an appetizer before frying up the turkey. They usually bake another turkey, too. There are only 12 or so people that come to the dinner, so there are tons of leftovers.

For Thanksgiving itself we are headed to my sisters for appetizers, than 10 min away to Knyte's parents for a traditional All American, Prime Rib Thanksgiving dinner. :drool:

I am going to my dad's house in far away Stone Mountain, GA. It's a 20-30 min drive...my step mom is practically a gourmet cook so I can't wait...it's always an awesome feast

one of my buddies is frying a turkey...I'll have to drop by for a taste

make the hour twenty minute trip down to Kentucky for my first meal with the wifes family. Then back up home for the feast with my family in my parents teeny tiney house packed with people.

You have never had a dinner with your wife's parents?

We were going to go to the 'ranch tonight, but the dawg "needed" surgery which it turns out she now didn't need and got cut open for nothing, so we'll probably go tomorrow with our poor pooch :mad: :rant:

Oh - and I plan on beating the wall I made last Thanksgiving day on this Thanksgiving

5456470c3b96f3.jpg

uhh... in a lesser non literal translation of english, i was referring to my first meal of the day. Ive eaten with them plent of times.

Ahh, ok. that makes much more sense.

so when is the next ohio meet were you two actually show up? :heart:

heading to RI to dine with my fractured family, then spending the rest of the weekend there hanging out with friends, chopping wood, and playing on the Wii

I'll be baking rolls in the morning and possibly have to help excavate the dining room. I'm pretty sure a quick jaunt to the liquor store will be in there as well.