Halp Android devices

I understand the screen size, but the THICKNESS is retarded, imho. I put my phone in my back pocket. I'm pretty sure that if I sat on that phone, I'd have nothing but back problems.

Screen size is nice, but I'm talking about the size to feel comfortable in my hands. I don't put my phone in my back pocket, it's in my side pockets, so size is irrlevant.

Or today. Without all the tmobile bloatware. Cyanogenmod v6 RC3 is VERY slick.

I understand, but what exactly will I be able to do with my phone rooted, that I can't do with a non rooted phone?

I know I can tether and install apps to the SD card, but those two things are supposed to be native in Froyo, right?

I understand, but what exactly will I be able to do with my phone rooted, that I can't do with a non rooted phone?

I know I can tether and install apps to the SD card, but those two things are supposed to be native in Froyo, right?

There are quite a few good apps for rooted phones. None of them are OMG I NEED IT NOW, but are nice to have. A couple off the top of my head are TitaniumBackup, AdFree, and the ability to lock WaveSecure into the system so it can't be removed and start GPS.

Tether is up to the mobile carrier, so it may or may not be in there. For example, a coworker of mine just got 2.2 OTA for his Droid. Verizon left in USB tether, but removed the hotspot option. And in FroYo, installing to SD card is only allowed if the application developer specifically gives permission for the app to be stored on the SD card.

edit: And cyanogenmod is LOADED with neat tweaks and settings available nowhere else.

Last edited:
Well T-mobile and probably ever other cell phone carrier are fucking retarded.

Just called to ask to have the caller ID changed on my phone. Currently it reads Juli's full name and I would like it to read my own.

They just told me that there's some FCC bullshit rule that only the account holders name can be used as the caller ID.

:waw:

I need to try this whole rooting thing. I want to replace my thumb drive with my phones sd card if at all possible. Probably don't need too root for that though. I also want an app that kicks iphone users in the face when they try to tell me why "apple" is better than "droid x"...

Just called to ask to have the caller ID changed on my phone. Currently it reads Juli's full name and I would like it to read my own.

They just told me that there's some FCC bullshit rule that only the account holders name can be used as the caller ID.

Well then it's the FCC that's retarded.

I'm pretty sure there are valid reasons for that, but it inconveniences you - which is vastly more important. America sucks again.

when I call someone it says time warner :fly:

Makes sense though. Say you have a stalker; it prevents them changing his or her name on the account so they can call you some more. Quit your belly aching.

There are quite a few good apps for rooted phones. None of them are OMG I NEED IT NOW, but are nice to have. A couple off the top of my head are TitaniumBackup, AdFree, and the ability to lock WaveSecure into the system so it can't be removed and start GPS.

Tether is up to the mobile carrier, so it may or may not be in there. For example, a coworker of mine just got 2.2 OTA for his Droid. Verizon left in USB tether, but removed the hotspot option. And in FroYo, installing to SD card is only allowed if the application developer specifically gives permission for the app to be stored on the SD card.

edit: And cyanogenmod is LOADED with neat tweaks and settings available nowhere else.

why do you have to be so sure your gps isn't activated? so ape can't track you down when you're out on dates with other chicks?

So you're the one Touch Pro user left. How's the battery life on that thing? :lol: I don't know of anyone who lasted longer than about 6 months with that hunk.

Not great.

The $80 I paid for it from the Best Buy auction site and the $30/month I pay for service makes it easy to overlook though.

I'm pretty sure there are valid reasons for that, but it inconveniences you - which is vastly more important. America sucks again.

Yeah makes sense to have a "family" plan which you will obviously have multiple phones and then have all of them read the same name on caller ID.

Brilliant America. Pure brilliance.