Halp Android devices

great, in the meantime you'll just have to put up with me calling you out on irrational apple hatred
Try this on for size for rational Apple dislike.
I loved my sister's cast-off MacBook.
Paid her like $300 and it was a tank- she claimed it was "on its way out" but I got a solid 5 years before the thing crapped out on me.
She gets all kinds of perks working for a university, so the machine was loaded to the gills with software.
Im not in a position to be able to afford a replacement. Even if I was, the software costs a fortune on top of the machine.
No big deal. The Microsoft world may be the McDonald's drive thru of computers, but it's cheap.
I just bought a Lenovo all in one touchscreen with a terabyte hard drive for $600.
Is Mac better?
Sure.
But it's out of my tax bracket.
The Lenovo is fine for a simple family PC.

• Gravy
Reactions: Domon
Paid her like $300 and it was a tank- she claimed it was "on its way out" but I got a solid 5 years before the thing crapped out on me.
She gets all kinds of perks working for a university, so the machine was loaded to the gills with software.
Im not in a position to be able to afford a replacement. Even if I was, the software costs a fortune on top of the machine.
No big deal. The Microsoft world may be the McDonald's drive thru of computers, but it's cheap.
I just bought a Lenovo all in one touchscreen with a terabyte hard drive for $600.
Is Mac better?
Sure.
This is good logic.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
This is why I'm afraid to post my tech choices around here, Nukes. Someone is bound to point out what an idiot I am and how the rest of my life is ruined for buying the wrong Tv.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
Is Mac better?
Sure.

What software are you running that would cost a fortune on OSX but not on Windows?

If your only issue with macbooks is the price do you have the same rational dislike for BMWs and Audis? Just because they're priced for a different market versus a Toyota or Ford?

A $600 computer is great for a simple, family PC. I would recommend against Lenovo due to some pretty shady practices in terms of baking in a rootkit that installs software which intercepts all of your information between you and secure sites like your bank or amazon. But otherwise yeah, no one says a macbook or any apple device is essential.

Look just because I'm pointing out why signing into google and signing into apple for a phone is effectively the same fucking thing despite your dislike of itunes which isn't necessary to activate a phone in the first place doesn't mean I have anything negative to say about the windows world. It's not mcdonald's drive through, the windows machine I'm using right meow was more expensive to build than the macbook adorable I travel with.

This is why I'm afraid to post my tech choices around here, Nukes. Someone is bound to point out what an idiot I am and how the rest of my life is ruined for buying the wrong Tv.

again, I never said he's wrong for preferring one over the other. simply that there's no meaningful difference between anchoring his phone to an apple account vs a google account.

there's plenty of legitimate stuff to bitch about regarding ios, enough that I don't use ios devices and probably never will. but this is bandwagon hatred pure and simple.

I was an HP guy for over a decade.
They deteriorated.
I got a lot of memory and big hard drive for a price I could live with.
I've had clients in IT for a long time, they don't try and edify me and I don't try and become technical.
Their recommendation was replace a PC every three years if it needs replacing.
I'm just a caveman after all.