Amicola Falls Trip (Pics)

b_sinning

Erect Member
Nov 22, 2004
Savannah, GA
Marklar
₥10
Went to Amicola Falls for the long vacation weekend. It's the tallest falls east of the mississippi river. Hiking was fun until my son got tired and I had to carry his 50lb butt up side of mountains. Here is a few random pictures

Front of Lodge

IMG_1111_resize.JPG

Tiny Lodge Room. I'm 6ft and my feet were about to hang off the end of the beds.

IMG_1104_resize.JPG

View out of Lodge Window

IMG_1105_resize.JPG

Top of Falls
IMG_1114_resize.JPG

Stairs down to Bottom of Falls. A long long way to carry a kid back up.
IMG_1116_resize.JPG

Bottom of Falls

IMG_1120_resize.JPG

The most Redneck Vending Machine I have ever seen

IMG_1156_resize.JPG

Head of Horse I rode (Katie)

IMG_1160_resize.JPG

It was part Donkey and wouldn't stop pausing to eat.

It was perfect that I got a guy with a mullett checking out the prices on bait. Actually in that town it would have been harder finding someone without a mullett.

So uh....what exactly comes out of that machine in the pic? Is it worms? I mean, I see 6 buttons, so does it actually vend 6 different types of bait?

And are they packaged in some way?

I'm not sure what's more strange: the machine itself or the fact that I'm analyzing it so much.

Sarcasmo said:
So uh....what exactly comes out of that machine in the pic? Is it worms? I mean, I see 6 buttons, so does it actually vend 6 different types of bait?

I'm not sure what's more strange: the machine itself or the fact that I'm analyzing it so much.

You need to move out of the city boy.

Sarcasmo said:

It's like a Coke machine, two of the buttons are for nightcrawlers, two buttons are for small nightcrawlers, and the other two are for rabbits and eels for catching the bigger fish.

ChikkenNoodul said:
It's like a Coke machine, two of the buttons are for nightcrawlers, two buttons are for small nightcrawlers, and the other two are for rabbits and eels for catching the bigger fish.

:lol:

Free the bunnahs!!!

It was busy but not too crowded. They had stuff going all day at the park so lots of people came for that stuff. We avoided most of the stupid activites. We went horse back riding about 15 miles from the falls.

b_sinning said:
It was busy but not too crowded. They had stuff going all day at the park so lots of people came for that stuff. We avoided most of the stupid activites. We went horse back riding about 15 miles from the falls.

So how were the horses n' stable n'stuff? I've been wanting to do that for awhile, but theac doesn't want to go. You guys just don't seem to like horseback riding for some reason... :fly:

I love to ride and it was my son's first time really riding. He's done the pet zoo pony rides a lot but that's not really riding. The stables were ok but it was more of a guided tour restricted riding and we wanted to ride whereever we wanted to go. But it was a nice safe thing for his first ride.

b_sinning said:
I love to ride and it was my son's first time really riding. He's done the pet zoo pony rides a lot but that's not really riding. The stables were ok but it was more of a guided tour restricted riding and we wanted to ride whereever we wanted to go. But it was a nice safe thing for his first ride.
That's pretty cool, you'll have to bring him to one of those dude ranch places

My wife and I went to one in the Catskills years ago, that was fun