Thread All new 2019 Super Duper Sperm thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nasty winter storm came through Maine yesterday. Lost power, well technically lost most power. Had enough power to barely illuminate the living room lights but enough for the led ceiling fan lights on my bedroom. Anyway threw the main breaker and plugged in the generator for most of the evening then turned it off overnight. House got to 59F inside, not bad. Ran generator for 4 hours this morning for showers and heat. Then went over to family's house nearby to visit up with my bro and mom. When I got back this afternoon, power was fully restored. Very thankful.
Back room of my house got down to 31 today. Had to put a portable electric in there to keep the pipes good.

8 outside which is damn cold for here

• Gravy
Reactions: Josh
Back room of my house got down to 31 today. Had to put a portable electric in there to keep the pipes good.

8 outside which is damn cold for here
Yeah it has never been this cold the entire time I've lived in MD. Also this has to happen the year all my winter clothes get stolen.

wtf @ lack of insulation?
Honestly can't figure it out beyond "air leak". It's the best insulated room in the house. It actually has wall insulation, r60 in the ceiling, r30 in the floor.

Need to rent a thermal camera. I bet it's the dryer vent

Honestly can't figure it out beyond "air leak". It's the best insulated room in the house. It actually has wall insulation, r60 in the ceiling, r30 in the floor.

Need to rent a thermal camera. I bet it's the dryer vent
If you've got a HRV, make sure it's balanced, both fans spinning, defrost flap motor not burnt out and the flap hanging part way, blah blah

If your forced air furnace does that job, check whatever there.

If you've got a HRV, make sure it's balanced, both fans spinning, defrost flap motor not burnt out and the flap hanging part way, blah blah

If your forced air furnace does that job, check whatever there.
Hrv would presume anything in my house isn't ancient.

There's no HVAC in that room at all

So there's no HVAC, it was 8 outside, and you don't understand how the room got down to 31?
convection from other rooms should be a thing. its got a 30 inch open door frame, and a vent about 6 feet from that frame

DnD at @fly and @APRIL's

m4r3EOf.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.