Thread All new 2019 Super Duper Sperm thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
2dc539ee7fae774581afdf81698c1741.jpg

so kikos school/school board wants to know the sexual orientation of children between the ages 11-14

WHY?!?
what the fuuuuck is it to anyone!

this has me and tons of parents fuming

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum

so kikos school/school board wants to know the sexual orientation of children between the ages 11-14

WHY?!?

My 12 y/o has decided she's "bisexual". I'm not sure what that means to her, but I've tried to communicate that I'll support her however she identifies.

It's hard to do though, when she tells certain (not all, mind you) teachers she'd rather be identified as "Luka" instead of "Lily", but doesn't ever bring that up to us as her parents.

• Gravy
  • Sad
Reactions: wetwillie and fly

WHY?!?

I’m guessing the attempt here is that they want to find out if kids are being bullied for being gay or transgendered. This is a terrible way of doing that and honestly lays the groundwork for the school to get sued for punishing a kid because they know he’s gay.

My 12 y/o has decided she's "bisexual". I'm not sure what that means to her, but I've tried to communicate that I'll support her however she identifies.

It's hard to do though, when she tells certain (not all, mind you) teachers she'd rather be identified as "Luka" instead of "Lily", but doesn't ever bring that up to us as her parents.

She may just assume you’re cool with it.

Or she wants attention at school.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie

A lot of kids same-sex experiment and think "huh, I must be gay".' My go-to was to tell them if they haven't tried both don't necessarily make a decision. The drama of the teen years. Good luck.

it’s amazing that she has come to you (her parents) and she’s getting that much needed support at home regardless of what “bisexual” means to her. this is wonderful.

i think the talking to teachers and not you guys about Luka/Lily might be her feeling more comfortable with that teacher? or testing the waters?

this age is sooo tricky.
i wanna say she’s just probably confused about what it really means HOWEVER with kids having so much access to information via the internet maybe she does understand it ?

also, there are so many kids her age coming out as bisexual than ever before.

Kiko is on 8th grade and there are like 4 or 5 open bisexual kids in his class.

i just don’t understand why the school needs this info from kids who may not be ready to face or understand their sexuality yet

Yeah, that survey sent home to me by my kids' school would come back with "there are two school age children at this address" scrawled in barely legible crayon.
Wouldn't that be great? As Asa rightly says it could help inform the services and support that are needed in schools. If school boards aren't aware of demographics and potential need they can't then meet that need. By pretending a binary or heteronormativity just because that's your experience you're benignly damaging other people. Good job.

Also regarding your daughter I remember around that age I came out as bisexual. It's not uncommon, weird or wrong. Again your experience is not other peoples experience.

Wouldn't that be great? As Asa rightly says it could help inform the services and support that are needed in schools. If school boards aren't aware of demographics and potential need they can't then meet that need. By pretending a binary or heteronormativity just because that's your experience you're benignly damaging other people. Good job.

Also regarding your daughter I remember around that age I came out as bisexual. It's not uncommon, weird or wrong. Again your experience is not other peoples experience.

ok but you realize not all children are ready to face their sexuality at 11.
some kids that age are still sleeping with teddy bears and sexual orientation is the furthest thing from their minds.
why open that thought bubble up for those who aren’t ready ?

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer

WHY?!?

If it's confidential then it should be submitted anonymously. They're just gathering data, they don't need names.

Status
Not open for further replies.