Ontopic Abortion Thread

Are you

• Pro-Choice

Votes: 16 69.6%
  • Pro-Life

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters
A little thing called The separation of church and state.

With all due respect Senor Strings, that is nowhere in our Constitution or Bill of Rights. It was however in a letter written by Thomas Jefferson to a Baptist minister in 1803 but I can't figure out if he was just trying to garner votes from nonbaptists or ensuring the Baptist minister the govt wouldn't fuck with his church in an effort to garner votes from Baptists.

Funny how that works.

• Gravy
Reactions: Strings
I don't give a fuck what you think is fair. The government isn't run to favour your individual plight.

Govt shouldn't be run to favor anyone's plight. Defend the country, fill the potholes, take out the trash. When that's done, turn out the lights and go home.

With all due respect Senor Strings, that is nowhere in our Constitution or Bill of Rights. It was however in a letter written by Thomas Jefferson to a Baptist minister in 1803 but I can't figure out if he was just trying to garner votes from nonbaptists or ensuring the Baptist minister the govt wouldn't fuck with his church in an effort to garner votes from Baptists.

Funny how that works.
It's a phrase Jefferson used to interpret the establishment and exercise clauses of the 1st amendment.

It's a phrase Jefferson used to interpret the establishment and exercise clauses of the 1st amendment.

It simply prohibits the federal govt from establishing a national religion (like the church of England). It enshrines people's right to practice any religion they want. IE: freedom of religion, not freedom from it.

guys should have a say in the abortion also. You can't make a baby without the guy. What if she gets an abortion but he wanted to keep the kid? Should his opinion not matter? He helped conceive it.

Or lets flip it. what if they keep the kid and the guy doesn't want it. should he be forced to pay child support?

guys should have a say in the abortion also. You can't make a baby without the guy. What if she gets an abortion but he wanted to keep the kid? Should his opinion not matter? He helped conceive it.

Or lets flip it. what if they keep the kid and the guy doesn't want it. should he be forced to pay child support?

You know men don't mean shit, Wicke.

Pussy hats Uber Alles.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
Oh, can you? I remember paying 20 a month from planned parenthood over a decade ago
Mine is up to over $100 per month. Will be switching later this year but don't want to deal with new bcp whie on vacation so I will wait until after June to mess with it all. It sucks because this works and gas very well for the last 9 years.

• Gravy
Reactions: APRIL
Mine is up to over $100 per month. Will be switching later this year but don't want to deal with new bcp whie on vacation so I will wait until after June to mess with it all. It sucks because this works and gas very well for the last 9 years.
Which one? That's crazy expensive.

Which one? That's crazy expensive.
Brand name Yaz. Come summer I will try one of the generics even though it isn't listed to treat an issue I have. My insurance requires me to try it before my doctor will be able to fight it. She cannot just say history shows how well it works. So I will pay OOP for a few months for the brand name and then give it a try. If it works great, but if not my doctor will help fight it for me. She's awesome. We were going to do it over the holidays, but last year's insurance had the brand name covered but the generic was not so it would've been 3x more just to switch then. So stupid.

I really hate having to switch or pay that much just to appease dumb ass insurance companies.

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots and APRIL